Survey invitations translation for CE Insights

Survey invitations translation for CE Insights

Edward Galvez
tl;dr: We need help translating the survey invitations, which are pretty short. Priority languages are ar, de, es, fr, it, ja, pl, pt-br, ru, uk, zh, nl:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Engagement_Insights/MassMessages

Hello translators!

First, I realized we haven't sent an update. Thanks to you all, Arabic, Ukrainian and French have been completely finished and several others partially completed. For the remainder of the translations, we have reached out to a contractor to help us wrap up the rest of the translation since we are on a very tight deadline.

I want to thank you profusely for your help making sure this survey will reach people in their own language.

We still need help translating the invitations to take the survey. These messages are short and there is some duplicate language.

Direct translation links:
* Village pump messge:

* First Invitation Message:

* First Reminder:

* Final reminder:

Thanks!
Edward

--
Edward Galvez
Evaluation Strategist, Surveys

Re: Survey invitations translation for CE Insights

Shweta Yadav
Have you outsourced hindi translation too. If not I May do it today. Please let me know.
Shypoetess

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 at 11:42 PM, Edward Galvez <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Regards
Dr Shweta Yadav

(Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse brevity and typos.)

R: Survey invitations translation for CE Insights

Fringio @ wiki

Hi,
I think there might be a problem with the source text: when translating “Community_Engagement_Insights/MassMessages/First_message” in the fifth translation, I see the following source:

If you have already taken the survey and you wish to opt-out send an email through EmailUser feature to $email User:EGalvez (WMF)]]

I think that the last part (“$email User:EGalvez (WMF)]]”) is wrong: I should see either “$email” or “[[User:EGalvez (WMF)]]”.

Fringio @ Wiki

Avast logo

Re: Survey invitations translation for CE Insights

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)
Hello Shypoetess

While Hindi is not a priority language, you can translate the messages in Hindi. You may have to make some small changes to update the language.

Benoît

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:26 AM, Shweta Yadav <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Community Liaison

Re: Survey invitations translation for CE Insights

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)
Hello Translators

Some small fixes have been made to the translations. You may have to review them very quickly.

Sorry for the inconvenance,
Benoît