Sync Mediawiki-l with mwusers.com via Mail2Forum?

Sync Mediawiki-l with mwusers.com via Mail2Forum?

Matt England
Would Mediawiki-l consider syncing with mwusers.com via:

http://www.mail2forum.com/wiki/Main_Page

?  (And what do you know, it's a MediaWiki page there.  :)

In other words:  would we prefer to have to segregated conversations
talking about the same thing, or would we like to merge the conversations?

In short, web posts become emails, and emails become web posts.  The
web-forum threads become synchronized with the email threads, and the users
for each vehicle (email list or web forum) don't know the difference,
unless they happened to read both communication vehicle.

I use Mail2Forum on my collaboration server, it's probably the
most-valuable collaboration tool I have besides MediaWiki and Subversion,
in part because GNUMailman's archive interface is just so bad--but now I
can have people post via the web forum and have it show up on the email
list, too.

Maybe Mail2Forum needs one more rev to get kinks out for a high-volume list
like MW-l, but I'd recommend the corresponding webmasters start testing it
out in test forums/lists anyway.

I've been saying this all over on other "forum and email list duplicated
conversation" internet communities (eg, Subversion), and I've gotten some
attention, but I don't yet know of someone taking the bait.

-Matt

Re: Sync Mediawiki-l with mwusers.com via Mail2Forum?

Rob Church
This mailing list is an official one maintained by the development
team. Those forums are unofficial and not under our control.

Rob Church