Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Chris Sherlock [TAL]
Just a short note to let people know that on Saturday 18th March, 2006
Wikipedia administrator Ta bu shi da yu asked his girlfriend to marry
him, and she said yes!

To clarify (I've been pinged on this before) - obviously he did not
ask her in his capacity as a Wikipedia admin :-)

Chris
TBSDY

Re: Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

metasj

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, ! Chris Sherlock  wrote:

> Just a short note to let people know that on Saturday 18th March, 2006
> Wikipedia administrator Ta bu shi da yu asked his girlfriend to marry
> him, and she said yes!

I felicitate you heartily on your good fortune  :-)

> To clarify (I've been pinged on this before) - obviously he did not
> ask her in his capacity as a Wikipedia admin :-)

Yet I must ask, why not?  Does not the admin heart beat with passion?
Are not the rare administrative capacities -- to protect, to expunge
injury, to merge two different histories into one, and (with all due
bureaucratcy) to christen with a new name -- the very powers offered
to and expected of a spouse?

Warmly,
   SJ

Re: Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Florence Devouard-3
! Chris Sherlock wrote:
> Just a short note to let people know that on Saturday 18th March, 2006
> Wikipedia administrator Ta bu shi da yu asked his girlfriend to marry
> him, and she said yes!
>
> To clarify (I've been pinged on this before) - obviously he did not
> ask her in his capacity as a Wikipedia admin :-)
>
> Chris
> TBSDY

Congrat Tabu !

Next step is *actually* getting married ;-)

ant

Re: Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Kat Walsh
On 3/20/06, ! Chris Sherlock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> To clarify (I've been pinged on this before) - obviously he did not
> ask her in his capacity as a Wikipedia admin :-)

Well, good, because admins shouldn't feel they have any more control
over that sort of thing than ordinary editors; it's unwiki. :-)

(Congratulations!)

-Kat

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage | (G)AIM:LucidWaking
"Once you have tasted flight you will always walk with your eyes cast

Re: Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Jtkiefer
Samuel Klein wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, ! Chris Sherlock  wrote:
>

>> Just a short note to let people know that on Saturday 18th March, 2006
>> Wikipedia administrator Ta bu shi da yu asked his girlfriend to marry
>> him, and she said yes!
>>

> I felicitate you heartily on your good fortune  :-)
>

>> To clarify (I've been pinged on this before) - obviously he did not
>> ask her in his capacity as a Wikipedia admin :-)
>>

> Yet I must ask, why not?  Does not the admin heart beat with passion?
> Are not the rare administrative capacities -- to protect, to expunge
> injury, to merge two different histories into one, and (with all due
> bureaucratcy) to christen with a new name -- the very powers offered
> to and expected of a spouse?
>
> Warmly,
>    SJ

ALRIGHT, who let SJ into the champagne before the wedding.  I guess
you've proved your a true wikipedoholic when you can accurately compare
getting married to an admin task.

-Jtkiefer

! Chris Sherlock wrote:

> Just a short note to let people know that on Saturday 18th March, 2006
> Wikipedia administrator Ta bu shi da yu asked his girlfriend to marry
> him, and she said yes!
>
> To clarify (I've been pinged on this before) - obviously he did not
> ask her in his capacity as a Wikipedia admin :-)
>
> Chris
> TBSDY

Congratulations, I assume your going to exchange your vows on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_Vows

-Jtkiefer

Re: Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Paweł Dembowski
Congratulations!

(What's her edit count?)

--
Ausir
Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

Re: Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Titan Deng
Congratulation!!

Theodoranian

2006/3/21, ! Chris Sherlock <[hidden email]>:

> Just a short note to let people know that on Saturday 18th March, 2006
> Wikipedia administrator Ta bu shi da yu asked his girlfriend to marry
> him, and she said yes!
>
> To clarify (I've been pinged on this before) - obviously he did not
> ask her in his capacity as a Wikipedia admin :-)
>
> Chris
> TBSDY

Re: Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Hsiang-Tai Chien
Congratulations to Ta bu shi da yu! (Is it a Japanese name?)

First time to post in [Foundation-l]. :)

H.T.

___________________________________________________  最新版 Yahoo!奇摩即時通訊 7.0,免費網路電話任你打!  http://messenger.yahoo.com.tw/

Re: Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Chris Sherlock [TAL]

> Congratulations!
>
> (What's her edit count?)
>
> --
> Ausir
> Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia
> http://pl.wikipedia.org

Zero :-) she barely knows about Wikipedia except what I have told her!
Actually, I think she thinks it's a little wierd I spend so much time on the
site.

I did once add a new number to Wikipedia that she made up in a fit of
silliness: [[Quadribblas]]. This, needless to say, is now deleted.