Take a look at the latest rep watches

Florence Devouard
There's no time like the present, and isn't it time you got yourself a beautiful designer watch?
http://oiwcvjoe.cn

Visit Diam0nd Reps today and get a terrific designer watch imitation for a uniquely low price. Our watches are the most sought-after in the market, offering you the best performance and unsurpassed quality while allowing you to choose from hundreds of models within dozens of brands!
http://oiwcvjoe.cn

Check out our extensive inventory and enjoy the fastest shipping available online! See you at Diam0nd Reps!

Re: Take a look at the latest rep watches

Michael Bimmler
We apologise for the commercial break...(sentence stolen from David Gerard)

Michael

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Pat Compton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's no time like the present, and isn't it time you got yourself a beautiful designer watch?
> http://oiwcvjoe.cn
>
> Visit Diam0nd Reps today and get a terrific designer watch imitation for a uniquely low price. Our watches are the most sought-after in the market, offering you the best performance and unsurpassed quality while allowing you to choose from hundreds of models within dozens of brands!
> http://oiwcvjoe.cn
>
> Check out our extensive inventory and enjoy the fastest shipping available online! See you at Diam0nd Reps!

Michael Bimmler

Re: Take a look at the latest rep watches

Chad
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We apologise for the commercial break...(sentence stolen from David Gerard)
>
> Michael
>
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Pat Compton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> There's no time like the present, and isn't it time you got yourself a beautiful designer watch?
>> http://oiwcvjoe.cn
>>
>> Visit Diam0nd Reps today and get a terrific designer watch imitation for a uniquely low price. Our watches are the most sought-after in the market, offering you the best performance and unsurpassed quality while allowing you to choose from hundreds of models within dozens of brands!
>> http://oiwcvjoe.cn
>>
>> Check out our extensive inventory and enjoy the fastest shipping available online! See you at Diam0nd Reps!

> Michael Bimmler

Why would you let this spam through?

-Chad

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why would you let this spam through?

No one approved it (see headers, there is no Approved-on line). But I
found a legacy entry in the "Always accept posts from these
non-members" filter for [hidden email]...  Well, I removed that
line now, as Anthere is not using a @wikimedia.org address anymore.

Best,
Michael

--
Michael Bimmler

Re: Take a look at the latest rep watches

Al Tally
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why would you let this spam through?

Someone let it through?

--
Alex
(User:Majorly)

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Al Tally <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Why would you let this spam through?
>>

> Someone let it through?

No.

--
Michael Bimmler

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Al Tally <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> Why would you let this spam through?
>>>

>> Someone let it through?
>
> No.
>

> --
> Michael Bimmler

Apologies if I sounded harsh in my original e-mail (I just re-read it now).
I received the e-mail from you Michael, not from the OP, so I assumed
it was forwarded from a non-member.

-Chad

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apologies if I sounded harsh in my original e-mail (I just re-read it now).

No worries, I didn't consider it harsh.

> I received the e-mail from you Michael, not from the OP, so I assumed
> it was forwarded from a non-member.

Um...you did? That's weird. I just received it as a completely normal
list mail myself, I certainly didn't forward it to the list or
anything like that. I'll defer to people with more technical knowledge
now, why on earth you would have received that email from me instead
of from the list.

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Apologies if I sounded harsh in my original e-mail (I just re-read it now).
>
> No worries, I didn't consider it harsh.
>
>> I received the e-mail from you Michael, not from the OP, so I assumed
>> it was forwarded from a non-member.
>>

> Um...you did? That's weird. I just received it as a completely normal
> list mail myself, I certainly didn't forward it to the list or
> anything like that. I'll defer to people with more technical knowledge
> now, why on earth you would have received that email from me instead
> of from the list.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Bimmler

I mean from you to the list, but I only received the copy with your
reply, not the original. Hmm, no clue.

-Chad

Re: Take a look at the latest rep watches

Aude-2
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I mean from you to the list, but I only received the copy with your
> reply, not the original. Hmm, no clue.

Check your spam folder.  That's where it automatically went for me.

-Aude

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Aude <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> I mean from you to the list, but I only received the copy with your
>> reply, not the original. Hmm, no clue.
>>

> Check your spam folder.  That's where it automatically went for me.
>
> -Aude

Thanks for clearing this up, I didn't think of that

I'm slightly appalled that Gmail spam-filtered it for you but did not
filter it out for me...but then, I wouldn't have seen it and be able
to take measures otherwise.

Anyways, before now all Gmail users (an estimated 85% of the actively
posting list subscribers) outline whether it went into THEIR spam
folder or not, we should maybe allow this thread a gracious
death...now that everything appears resolved!

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Bimmler

Re: Take a look at the latest rep watches

Florence Devouard-3
Michael Bimmler wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Chad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Why would you let this spam through?
>>

> No one approved it (see headers, there is no Approved-on line). But I
> found a legacy entry in the "Always accept posts from these
> non-members" filter for [hidden email]...  Well, I removed that
> line now, as Anthere is not using a @wikimedia.org address anymore.
>
> Best,
> Michael

uh ?
errrr, sorry for being unwillingly a spammer :-)))

ant

Re: Take a look at the latest rep watches

Charlotte Webb
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> No one approved it (see headers, there is no Approved-on line). But I
> found a legacy entry in the "Always accept posts from these
> non-members" filter for [hidden email]...  Well, I removed that
> line now, as Anthere is not using a @wikimedia.org address anymore.

I realize we shouldn't be white-listing by domain name, but if a
garden variety spam-bot was able to convincingly spoof the return
address, imagine the confusion a real person could have caused.

> "lily.knams.wikimedia.org", has
> identified this incoming email as possible spam. If you have any
> questions, see the administrator of that system for details.
> Content analysis details:   (7.9 points, 4.0 required)
> pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
> 3.0 RCVD_IN_XBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
> [201.244.70.114 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
> 0.6 RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB      RBL: SORBS: sender is a abuseable web server
> [201.244.70.114 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
> 1.5 URIBL_JP_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist
> [URIs: oiwcvjoe.cn]
> 1.1 SORTED_RECIPS          Recipient list is sorted by address
> 0.0 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%
> [score: 0.4995]
> 1.5 URIBL_SBL              Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist
> [URIs: oiwcvjoe.cn]
> 0.1 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to trusted network by a host with no rDNS

I think David Gerard said human postings generally do not score above
2.0 unless their vocabulary suggests a background in SEO, then it's
higher.

—C.W.

Re: Take a look at the latest rep watches

David Gerard-2
2009/5/7 Charlotte Webb <[hidden email]>:

> I think David Gerard said human postings generally do not score above
> 2.0 unless their vocabulary suggests a background in SEO, then it's
> higher.

I don't remember saying the second part, but yeah, most human-written
emails score below 2.0. However, enough score above 2.0 (up to 5 or
even 7 is not uncommon) that email with a spam score over 2 should be
held in the mod queue for inspection, not outright rejected or
discarded.

(We largely solved this on wikien-l by requiring membership to post at
all. This is less than ideal for absolute openness, but we floated the
idea on the list to no objection and it's made maintenance *way*
easier.)

- d.

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:39 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (We largely solved this on wikien-l by requiring membership to post at
> all. This is less than ideal for absolute openness, but we floated the
> idea on the list to no objection and it's made maintenance *way*
> easier.)

Well, same here. Except that there are some legacy filters left,
mostly from (former and current) Wikimedia Foundation staff and
Foundation/Chapters board members, who wanted to be able to post to
the list both from their subscribed account (usually Gmail or Yahoo or
whatever...) and their @wikimedia address...

I suppose this should be sorted out.

Michael

--