Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

Shiju Alex
Today Tamil Wikipedia has crossed the 30,000 article milestone. With this it has become the 6th Indic language wikipedia that crosses this milestone (after Newari, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, and Bishnupriya Manipuri)

Congrats for Tamil wiki community on this achievement.

Shiju

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

Bala Jeyaraman
Thanks Shiju,
I think we are the fifth to cross 30k. Bishnupriya manipuri hasn't reached it yet (it is at at 25k)

regareds
Bala

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Shiju Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Today Tamil Wikipedia has crossed the 30,000 article milestone. With this it has become the 6th Indic language wikipedia that crosses this milestone (after Newari, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, and Bishnupriya Manipuri)

Congrats for Tamil wiki community on this achievement.

Shiju

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

Belayet Hossain
Congratulations to all Tamil Wikipedians from Bangla Wikipedia.

Belayet

On 8 April 2011 23:33, Shiju Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Today Tamil Wikipedia has crossed the 30,000 article milestone. With this it has become the 6th Indic language wikipedia that crosses this milestone (after Newari, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, and Bishnupriya Manipuri)

Congrats for Tamil wiki community on this achievement.

Shiju

Belayet Hossain
http://www.facebook.com/bellayet
http://twitter.com/bellayet
http://bellayet.wordpress.com (Bangla)
Knowledge is universal
              ...so share it.

Hillel____
If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Congratulations to all those in the Tamil Wikipedia.
--Regards, Srikanth

On 8 April 2011 23:09, Shiju Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah true. Tamil is at Fifth position.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Bala Jeyaraman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Shiju,
I think we are the fifth to cross 30k. Bishnupriya manipuri hasn't reached it yet (it is at at 25k)

regareds
Bala

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Shiju Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Today Tamil Wikipedia has crossed the 30,000 article milestone. With this it has become the 6th Indic language wikipedia that crosses this milestone (after Newari, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, and Bishnupriya Manipuri)

Congrats for Tamil wiki community on this achievement.

Shiju

ME.
Wear a Lungi, Support the Movement
 My infrastructure invasion... plus other images
too.. on Wikimedia Commons. http://bit.ly/d50SIq

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

Ravishankar-3
Hi all,

Thanks for the wishes.

We took more than 2 years to cross first 1000 articles.

And the last 1000 articles created organically just took 3 weeks.

Glad  to see the way we are progressing.

Ravi

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations to all those in the Tamil Wikipedia.
--Regards, Srikanth

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

wikiodisha1
Congrats all Tamil Wikipedians for such great job..

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Shiju Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Today Tamil Wikipedia has crossed the 30,000 article milestone. With this it has become the 6th Indic language wikipedia that crosses this milestone (after Newari, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, and Bishnupriya Manipuri)

Congrats for Tamil wiki community on this achievement.

Shiju

Thanks & Regards,
Srikant Kedia
Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Community

Mail ID - [hidden email]
Facebook- facebook.com/OdiaWiki
Tweet @OdiaWiki

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

hisham mundol-2
This is fantastic.  Great show, Tamil Wikipedians!

Hisham Mundol
India Programs - Wikimedia Foundation

skype: hisham.wikimedia
gtalk: [hidden email]
twitter: @mundol

On Apr 8, 2011, at 11:03 PM, Shiju Alex wrote:

Today Tamil Wikipedia has crossed the 30,000 article milestone. With this it has become the 6th Indic language wikipedia that crosses this milestone (after Newari, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, and Bishnupriya Manipuri)

Congrats for Tamil wiki community on this achievement.

Shiju

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

BalaSundaraRaman
I thank you Shiju, Hisham, and Naveen, as a Tamil wikian. :)

- Sundar

"That language is an instrument of human reason, and not merely a medium for the expression of thought, is a truth generally admitted."

Re: [Wikita-l] Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

BalaSundaraRaman
Hi,

Oops. Missed Belayet, Srikanth R and possibly others whose emails were pushed down in my mailbox. Also missed Bala and Ravi's emails.
Now, I should go back to my wiki slumber. :)

________________________________
On 10 April 2011 10:41, Hisham Mundol <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is fantastic.  Great show, Tamil Wikipedians!

>Hisham Mundol
>India Programs - Wikimedia Foundation
>

>http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs

>skype: hisham.wikimedia
>gtalk: [hidden email]
>twitter: @mundol
>

>On Apr 8, 2011, at 11:03 PM, Shiju Alex wrote:
>
>Today Tamil Wikipedia has crossed the 30,000 article milestone. With this it has
>become the 6th Indic language wikipedia that crosses this milestone (after
>Newari, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, and Bishnupriya Manipuri)
>>
>>Congrats for Tamil wiki community on this achievement.
>>
>>Shiju

Naveen Francis

Re: [Wikita-l] Tamil Wikipedia crossed the 30, 000 articles milestone

Anivar Aravind
Congrats Tamil Wikipedian's. Crossing 30000 Mark is an Important mile
stone for any non latin -wikipedia
They have to cross barriers of Technology, Access to computers,
Language and many more hurdles in the process to grow.
Congrats Tamil wikipedian's for crossing this 30000 article mark.

~ Regards
Anivar Aravind