Tamil Wikipedia crossess 50,000 article mark

Tamil Wikipedia crossess 50,000 article mark

Ravishankar-3
Hi all,

Tamil Wikipedia crossed 50,000 article milestone on December 18th, 2012.

The first 1000 articles took 1 year and 11 months.

The last 25,000 articles were created in just 2 years and 2 months !

You can find the growth captured in the graph at

http://ta.wikipedia.org/s/3ys

During the last few months, we focused on clean up, improving article quality and creating most important articles listed at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vital_articles

Ravi

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossess 50, 000 article mark

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
Congrats to the Tamil Community.
It feels great that one of those fifty thousand articles was created by me. :)
Cheers,

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations to all Tamil Wikipedians to this milestone.

Regards
Tinu Cherian

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Ravishankar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Tamil Wikipedia crossed 50,000 article milestone on December 18th, 2012.

The first 1000 articles took 1 year and 11 months.

The last 25,000 articles were created in just 2 years and 2 months !

You can find the growth captured in the graph at

http://ta.wikipedia.org/s/3ys

During the last few months, we focused on clean up, improving article quality and creating most important articles listed at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vital_articles

Ravi

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Sign this petition to introduce Volvo buses in Coimbatore city:

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossess 50, 000 article mark

Karthik Nadar-2
Proud to see Tamil Wikipedia growing, congratulations to all :)

--
Karthik Nadar.
Secretary,

Donate to Wikipedia, support free knowledge.

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossess 50, 000 article mark

ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ)-2
Congratulations, ta.wikipedia.org!

Let us all together work even harder to make the exponential rate of growth even higher.

Together, we have a long way to go. Our potential is so great that even 50,000  is only 1% of the work ahead of us.

-Viswam

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Anoop Narayanan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sudhanwa Jogalekar
Congratulations !!

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Ravishankar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Tamil Wikipedia crossed 50,000 article milestone on December 18th, 2012.
>
> The first 1000 articles took 1 year and 11 months.
>
> The last 25,000 articles were created in just 2 years and 2 months !

Amazing !! WOW !!!

-Sudhawna

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossess 50, 000 article mark

Ravishankar-3
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your wishes.

I shared the good news hoping that this could be a small inspiration for other communities. Especially on the growth rate.

Rav

Re: Tamil Wikipedia crossess 50, 000 article mark

Alolita Sharma
Wonderful news! Congrats to the Tamil community!

Best,
Alolita