[Tech Talks] How to compare text across multiple languages, 25, Sept, 2019 at 6PM UTC

[Tech Talks] How to compare text across multiple languages, 25, Sept, 2019 at 6PM UTC

Sarah Rodlund
Hi Everyone,

It's time for Wikimedia Tech Talks 2019 Episode 8! This talk will take
place 25, Sept, 2019 at 6PM UTC.

*Topic:*  How to compare text across multiple languages

*Speaker:* Diego Saez-Trumper, Research Scientist

*Summary:*

This talk will explain how cross-lingual word embeddings works, and how
they can be used to measure the semantic distance between words and
documents across different languages. It will cover some use cases in our
section and template alignment work.

The link to the Youtube Livestream can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaDc_4-TNos

During the live talk, you are invited to join the discussion on IRC at
#wikimedia-office

You can watch past Tech Talks here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tech_talks

If you are interested in giving your own tech talk, you can learn more
here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar/How_to_schedule_an_event#Tech_talks

Many kindnesses,

Sarah R. Rodlund
Technical Writer, Developer Advocacy
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Developer_Advocacy>

Re: [Tech Talks] How to compare text across multiple languages, 25, Sept, 2019 at 6PM UTC

Sarah Rodlund
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that this will be taking place tomorrow, 25, Sept, 2019 at
6PM UTC! I'll send out another reminder about a half hour before the talk
starts.

Hope to see you there!

Kindly,

Sarah R.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 1:31 PM Sarah R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> It's time for Wikimedia Tech Talks 2019 Episode 8! This talk will take
> place 25, Sept, 2019 at 6PM UTC.
>
> *Topic:*  How to compare text across multiple languages
>
> *Speaker:* Diego Saez-Trumper, Research Scientist
>
> *Summary:*
>
> This talk will explain how cross-lingual word embeddings works, and how
> they can be used to measure the semantic distance between words and
> documents across different languages. It will cover some use cases in our
> section and template alignment work.
>
> The link to the Youtube Livestream can be found here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaDc_4-TNos
>
> During the live talk, you are invited to join the discussion on IRC at
> #wikimedia-office
>
> You can watch past Tech Talks here:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tech_talks
>
> If you are interested in giving your own tech talk, you can learn more
> here:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar/How_to_schedule_an_event#Tech_talks
>
> Many kindnesses,
>
> Sarah R. Rodlund
> Technical Writer, Developer Advocacy
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Developer_Advocacy>

Re: [Tech Talks] How to compare text across multiple languages, 25, Sept, 2019 at 6PM UTC

Sarah Rodlund
Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that this will begin in a half hour.

Kindly,

Sarah R.