[Tech Talks] June 25, 2019, 6 PM UTC, Just what is Analytics doing back there?

[Tech Talks] June 25, 2019, 6 PM UTC, Just what is Analytics doing back there?

Subramanya Sastry
Hi Everyone,

It's time for Wikimedia Tech Talks 2019 Episode 5!
This month's talk will take place *June 25, 2019 at 6:00 PM UTC****.*

*Topic*: Just what is Analytics doing back there?

*Speaker*: Dan Andreescu, Senior Software Engineer, Analytics

*Summary*: We take care of twelve systems. Data flows through them to
answer the many questions that our community and staff have about
our piece of the open knowledge movement. Let's take a look at how
these systems fit together and dive deeper into some of the more
interesting algorithms.

*YouTube stream for viewers*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD0PEDFysfM

During the live talk, you are invited to join the discussion on IRC
at #wikimedia-office

You can watch past Tech Talks here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tech_talks

If you are interested in giving your own tech talk, you can learn more
here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar/How_to_schedule_an_event#Tech_talks

Subbu.
(Standing in for Sarah Rodlund who is currently away)

Re: [Tech Talks] June 25, 2019, 6 PM UTC, Just what is Analytics doing back there?

Subramanya Sastry
Reminder: This talk is tomorrow. -Subbu.

On 6/10/19 10:52 AM, Subramanya Sastry wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> It's time for Wikimedia Tech Talks 2019 Episode 5!
> This month's talk will take place *June 25, 2019 at 6:00 PM UTC****.*
>
> *Topic*: Just what is Analytics doing back there?
>
> *Speaker*: Dan Andreescu, Senior Software Engineer, Analytics
>
> *Summary*: We take care of twelve systems. Data flows through them to
> answer the many questions that our community and staff have about
> our piece of the open knowledge movement. Let's take a look at how
> these systems fit together and dive deeper into some of the more
> interesting algorithms.
>
> *YouTube stream for viewers*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD0PEDFysfM
>
> During the live talk, you are invited to join the discussion on IRC
> at #wikimedia-office
>
> You can watch past Tech Talks here:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tech_talks
>
> If you are interested in giving your own tech talk, you can learn more
> here:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar/How_to_schedule_an_event#Tech_talks
>

> Subbu.
> (Standing in for Sarah Rodlund who is currently away)

Re: [Tech Talks] June 25, 2019, 6 PM UTC, Just what is Analytics doing back there?

Subramanya Sastry
Reminder: Talk starts in 5 mins.  -Subbu.

On 6/24/19 9:31 AM, Subramanya Sastry wrote:

> Reminder: This talk is tomorrow. -Subbu.
>
> On 6/10/19 10:52 AM, Subramanya Sastry wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> It's time for Wikimedia Tech Talks 2019 Episode 5!
>> This month's talk will take place *June 25, 2019 at 6:00 PM UTC****.*
>>
>> *Topic*: Just what is Analytics doing back there?
>>
>> *Speaker*: Dan Andreescu, Senior Software Engineer, Analytics
>>
>> *Summary*: We take care of twelve systems. Data flows through them to
>> answer the many questions that our community and staff have about
>> our piece of the open knowledge movement. Let's take a look at how
>> these systems fit together and dive deeper into some of the more
>> interesting algorithms.
>>
>> *YouTube stream for viewers*:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD0PEDFysfM
>>
>> During the live talk, you are invited to join the discussion on IRC
>> at #wikimedia-office
>>
>> You can watch past Tech Talks here:
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tech_talks
>>
>> If you are interested in giving your own tech talk, you can learn
>> more here:
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar/How_to_schedule_an_event#Tech_talks
>>

>> Subbu.
>> (Standing in for Sarah Rodlund who is currently away)

Re: [Tech Talks] June 25, 2019, 6 PM UTC, Just what is Analytics doing back there?

Nuria Ruiz
The talk has started, this is the you tube stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=GD0PEDFysfM

Thanks,

Nuria