TechCom Radar 2019-07-24

Daniel Kinzler-3
Hi All,

Here are the minutes from this week's TechCom meeting:

Two RFCs are going on Last Call until August 27:

* "Heredoc" arguments for templates <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T114432>
* Abstract schemas and schema changes <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T191231>

If no objections remain unaddressed by August 7, these RFCs will be approved as
proposed and amended. If you care about this RFCs, please comment on phabricator
-- in support, or raising concerns. The Last Call period is not just for raising
objections, but also for confirming consensus.

We had an IRC meeting about "Merge Extension:Theme into core". There was good
progress made on the mechanics of adding support for theme based LESS variables
to Resource Loader. The discussion about actually merging the extension into
core is ongoing on the ticket. <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T122924>

Other topics under active discussion:
* strategy for handling PHP interface changes
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T193613>
* future of relational datastore at WMF after the upgrade of MariaDB 10.1
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T193224>
* Store WikibaseQualityConstraint check data in persistent storage
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T214362>

You can also find our meeting minutes at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Committee/Minutes>

See also the TechCom RFC board
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mediawiki-rfcs/>.

If you prefer you can subscribe to our newsletter here
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Newsletter:TechCom_Radar>

Thanks,
Kate

--
Kate Chapman
Senior Program Manager, Core Platform

Re: TechCom Radar 2019-07-24

Daniel Kinzler-3
Uhh...

> Thanks,
> Kate

That what happens when you copy&modify emails, I guess :)
That mail was of course by me, not by Kate...

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Software Engineer, Core Platform

Re: TechCom Radar 2019-07-24

Jean-Rene Branaa
Daniel Kate Kinzler has a nice ring to it :-)