Here are the minutes from this week's TechCom meeting:
=== New RFC: Challenges of developing with npm dependencies ===
* The “frontend build step” RFC is overly broad, and has drifted over time, see
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T199004 * Dan will draft a new RFC focused on some of the issues we encounter in the
Analytics team when developing Node.js services. Specifically around code
review, CI/deploy, and dependency auditing.
=== Parsoid extension API ===
* https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T260714 * TT: this is a major milestone RFC, the new parser will replace the old one.
Hooks and methods not mentioned here will likely be deprecated/removed. I
believe that’s well-understood and the
* Parsoid team did great outreach over the past year. This should be detailed
and summarised on the RFC, or linked to.
=== Session expiry ===
* Pywikibot users have been experiencing CSRF tokens, see
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T261050 * This may be due to the fact that we have become more strict about expiring web
sessions after a given time since we moved session storage to the Kask
* It is currently unclear from the documentation for how long a CSRF token is
valid for. This should be made more clear.
=== Removal of unused code without deprecation ===
* Daniel proposed a change to the stable interface policy on wikitech-l, in a
thread titled “Making breaking changes without deprecation?”
* Reactions are mixed, more feedback welcome.
* The input from the mailing list will be used to update the current policy