Templates for References and footnotes

Michael Dorosh

Templates for References and footnotes

Michael Dorosh
So I'm wondering why no one is answering and then I look at the actual message and there is nothing in my message. Too weird!

Question
I am having trouble getting Template:ref and template:Notes to work properly - I am scouring the FAQ but not seeing any reference to this.  I can get the Note part to work properly, but when I try and use a Reference I just get an incomplete template looking thing on the screen.

Do I need to set a value for "fullurl" in the scripts?  Do I need to change  Template:FULLPAGENAME? And if so, to what format?

Any help anyone can provide would be useful.
Mike

Re: Templates for References and footnotes

Rob Church
Sounds like those templates use features of the parser available in 1.6.

Rob Church

On 24/03/06, Michael Dorosh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So I'm wondering why no one is answering and then I look at the actual message and there is nothing in my message. Too weird!
>
> Question
> I am having trouble getting Template:ref and template:Notes to work properly - I am scouring the FAQ but not seeing any reference to this.  I can get the Note part to work properly, but when I try and use a Reference I just get an incomplete template looking thing on the screen.
>
> Do I need to set a value for "fullurl" in the scripts?  Do I need to change  Template:FULLPAGENAME? And if so, to what format?
>
> Any help anyone can provide would be useful.
> Mike

Hi, sorry, I am running version 1.5.5
Mike
  Sounds like those templates use features of the parser available in 1.6.

  Rob Church

  On 24/03/06, Michael Dorosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
  > So I'm wondering why no one is answering and then I look at the actual message and there is nothing in my message. Too weird!
  >
  > Question
  > I am having trouble getting Template:ref and template:Notes to work properly - I am scouring the FAQ but not seeing any reference to this.  I can get the Note part to work properly, but when I try and use a Reference I just get an incomplete template looking thing on the screen.
  >
  > Do I need to set a value for "fullurl" in the scripts?  Do I need to change  Template:FULLPAGENAME? And if so, to what format?
  >
  > Any help anyone can provide would be useful.
  > Mike

Okay, I must admit, this went completely over my head.  I am using 1.5.5 and the formats provided in that version. What exactly were you trying to communicate by this response?
Mike