Test snapshot for MediaWiki 1.6.0

Re: Test snapshot for MediaWiki 1.6.0

Rob Church
On 04/04/06, Thomas Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My next problem is by running update.php is:

[snip]
> Making wl_notificationtimestamp nullable...
> Warning: fopen(maintenance/archives/patch-watchlist-null.sql): failed to
> open st
> ream: No such file or directory in D:\Xampp\htdocs\dewiki\includes\Data
> base.php on line 1671
> Could not open "".

Identified as a bug, and fixed in SVN HEAD and REL1_6. The workaround
is to run the script from the wiki root, i.e.

php maintenance/update.php

Rob Church

Re: Test snapshot for MediaWiki 1.6.0

Brion Vibber
Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> On 4/5/06, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Cache?
>
> I've used quite a few ?action=purge, and I have

No, TRUNCATE TABLE objectcache; or edit MediaWiki:Sidebar.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Test snapshot for MediaWiki 1.6.0

Juanma Barranquero

> No, TRUNCATE TABLE objectcache; or edit MediaWiki:Sidebar.

Aha. Truncating the objectcache table fixes the "wrong URLs in
Sidebar" problem. Thanks.

I still see the "cannot map GET /whatever to file" error. It seems to
happens every time that "whatever" is not in the default namespace,
i.e., it happens for special pages, MediaWiki:*, etc.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

On 4/6/06, Juanma Barranquero <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I still see the "cannot map GET /whatever to file" error. It seems to
> happens every time that "whatever" is not in the default namespace,
> i.e., it happens for special pages, MediaWiki:*, etc.

On second+ thought... The message talks about invalid characters:

 [Thu Apr 06 12:06:56 2006] [error] [client xx.yy.zz.mm] (20024)The
given path misformatted or contained invalid characters: Cannot map
GET /wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar HTTP/1.1 to file

and the paths producing the error are those that include ":". Does
that shed some light?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> On 4/6/06, Juanma Barranquero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I still see the "cannot map GET /whatever to file" error. It seems to
>> happens every time that "whatever" is not in the default namespace,
>> i.e., it happens for special pages, MediaWiki:*, etc.
>
> On second+ thought... The message talks about invalid characters:
>
>  [Thu Apr 06 12:06:56 2006] [error] [client xx.yy.zz.mm] (20024)The
> given path misformatted or contained invalid characters: Cannot map
> GET /wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar HTTP/1.1 to file
>
> and the paths producing the error are those that include ":". Does
> that shed some light?
I don't have any such problem under Apache 2.2.0.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Test snapshot for MediaWiki 1.6.0

Juanma Barranquero

> I don't have any such problem under Apache 2.2.0.

Could you please post (a sanitized version of) your pretty URL setup?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

On 4/5/06, Juanma Barranquero <[hidden email]> wrote:

> when accessing the special pages, I'm
> seeing this Apache error:
>
>   [Wed Apr 05 11:47:15 2006] [error] [client aa.bb.cc.dd] (20024)The
> given path misformatted or contained invalid characters: Cannot map
> GET /wiki/Especial:Specialpages HTTP/1.1 to file, referer:
> http://localhost/wiki/Portada

The problem, as it turns out, is not related to using pretty URLs
and/or mod_alias aliases, and it is not new (sort of). Back in 2003,
the Apache developers talked about it:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=106448755422191&w=2

AFAICS, it is related to Apache on Windows deciding that colon is not
a valid character in filenames. However, it seems like something
(probably mod_php) should tell Apache the paths are valid because they
don't really map to a file.

The weird thing is that this didn't happen before, so either the
Apache 2.2.X build on Windows, or PHP 5.1.2 (and .3RC) is doing
something different...

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u