Quantcast

Text disappears

Thomas Zastrow
Dear all,

I have pages created with forms. If I type in one of the text boxes of
the form a link with relation to another page, the whole text before
that link disappears on the page. For example, I enter the following
into a text box of a form:

Line before
Text before in the same line [[is kind of::Metadata]] some more text

Then, on the page, there is only the Link "Metadata" and the text "some
more text" behind the link, but the text before ("Line before", "Text
before the same line") disappears completly.

Thanks again in advance,

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Zastrow
Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG) der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft / MPI für Plasmaphysik

Re: Text disappears

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Thomas,

Does the "missing text" show up in the page's source wikitext? That would
indicate whether the problem is in the form or the template.

-Yaron

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 AM, Thomas Zastrow <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have pages created with forms. If I type in one of the text boxes of
> the form a link with relation to another page, the whole text before
> that link disappears on the page. For example, I enter the following
> into a text box of a form:
>
> Line before
> Text before in the same line [[is kind of::Metadata]] some more text
>
> Then, on the page, there is only the Link "Metadata" and the text "some
> more text" behind the link, but the text before ("Line before", "Text
> before the same line") disappears completly.
>
> Thanks again in advance,
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Dr. Thomas Zastrow
> Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG) der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft / MPI für
> Plasmaphysik
> Boltzmannstrasse 2, D-85748 Garching
> Tel +49-89-3299-1457
> http://www.rzg.mpg.de

Re: Text disappears

Thomas Zastrow
Dear Yaron,

In the wiki code, the text is still available:

{{RDA
|Definition=Line before
Text before in the same line [[is kind of::Metadata]] some more text
}}
{{TestCat
|Categories=Aggregations
}}

But it doesn't appear in the table.

Our wiki has some permission restrictions, its edit functionality is not
public, but here is the link to that page:

http://smw-rda.esc.rzg.mpg.de/index.php/Relation_Test_2

Best,

Tom

Am 31.07.2014 um 15:15 schrieb Yaron Koren:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Does the "missing text" show up in the page's source wikitext? That
> would indicate whether the problem is in the form or the template.
>
> -Yaron
>

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 AM, Thomas Zastrow
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     I have pages created with forms. If I type in one of the text boxes of
>     the form a link with relation to another page, the whole text before
>     that link disappears on the page. For example, I enter the following
>     into a text box of a form:
>
>     Line before
>     Text before in the same line [[is kind of::Metadata]] some more text
>
>     Then, on the page, there is only the Link "Metadata" and the text
>     "some
>     more text" behind the link, but the text before ("Line before", "Text
>     before the same line") disappears completly.
>
>     Thanks again in advance,
>
>     Tom
>
>     --
>     Dr. Thomas Zastrow
>     Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG) der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft / MPI für
>     Plasmaphysik
>     Boltzmannstrasse 2, D-85748 Garching
>     Tel +49-89-3299-1457 <tel:%2B49-89-3299-1457>
>     http://www.rzg.mpg.de

Dr. Thomas Zastrow
Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG) der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft / MPI für Plasmaphysik
Boltzmannstrasse 2, D-85748 Garching
Tel +49-89-3299-1457
http://www.rzg.mpg.de

Re: Text disappears

andys
Hi Thomas,

I vaguely remember having a similar problem ages ago. From what I remember, I think that the glitch was :

1. The form input field was creating a property of Type::String that applied to the whole input
2. Inserting a property within that input box was was creating a property within the string and producing a similar result to yours

I think that I solved it by making the input box create a property of Type::Text instead. Alternatively can you just set it so that it doesn't create a property at all? See if that works.

Andy

On 01/08/2014 09:18, Thomas Zastrow [via Wikimedia] wrote:
Dear Yaron,

In the wiki code, the text is still available:

{{RDA
|Definition=Line before
Text before in the same line [[is kind of::Metadata]] some more text
}}
{{TestCat
|Categories=Aggregations
}}

But it doesn't appear in the table.

Our wiki has some permission restrictions, its edit functionality is not
public, but here is the link to that page:

http://smw-rda.esc.rzg.mpg.de/index.php/Relation_Test_2

Best,

Tom

Am 31.07.2014 um 15:15 schrieb Yaron Koren:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Does the "missing text" show up in the page's source wikitext? That
> would indicate whether the problem is in the form or the template.
>
> -Yaron
>

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:00 AM, Thomas Zastrow
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     I have pages created with forms. If I type in one of the text boxes of
>     the form a link with relation to another page, the whole text before
>     that link disappears on the page. For example, I enter the following
>     into a text box of a form:
>
>     Line before
>     Text before in the same line [[is kind of::Metadata]] some more text
>
>     Then, on the page, there is only the Link "Metadata" and the text
>     "some
>     more text" behind the link, but the text before ("Line before", "Text
>     before the same line") disappears completly.
>
>     Thanks again in advance,
>
>     Tom
>
>     --
>     Dr. Thomas Zastrow
>     Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG) der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft / MPI für
>     Plasmaphysik
>     Boltzmannstrasse 2, D-85748 Garching
>     Tel +49-89-3299-1457 <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="tel:%2B49-89-3299-1457"><tel:%2B49-89-3299-1457>
>     http://www.rzg.mpg.de

Dr. Thomas Zastrow
Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG) der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft / MPI für Plasmaphysik
Boltzmannstrasse 2, D-85748 Garching
Tel +49-89-3299-1457
http://www.rzg.mpg.de

http://wikimedia.7.x6.nabble.com/Text-disappears-tp5032988p5033075.html
To start a new topic under Semantic Mediawiki - User, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Semantic Mediawiki - User, click here.
NAML

Re: Text disappears

Cavila Contrafibularity
Hi Thomas,

You are inserting a semantic annotation inside another semantic annotation (a value of "Property:Is kind of" within a value of "Property:Definition"). That doesn't work I'm afraid.

Best,
Cav