Thank you Tuesday

MA

Thank you Tuesday

MA
Hi,

It's Tuesday (my timezone at least) and this week I'd like to thank the
following people for their work and assistance:

.- Martin Urbanec: For his tireless work in the Wikimedia-Site-requests &
Wiki-Setup Phabricator boards, and for his advice in several technical
issues. He does a lot of wmf-config work, and the result is that our
requests for site configuration changes no longer takes a lot of time to
get applied. Thanks a lot.

.- James D. Forrester: For his general work in MediaWiki core and
extensions, and for sharing its expertise and knowledge with us. He's also
willing to review my patches and I was never able to thank him properly for
all the time and advice he's dedicated to help me.

.- Raimond Spekking: For his work in translatewiki.net and his i18n
expertise, and i18n patch review activities. MediaWiki and its extensions
are a success in localisation thanks to his work, and that of Niklas and
the staff of translatewiki.net in general. I appreciate your efforts,
really.

.- Derrick N. Alangi: I'd like to congratulate him for his recent
mediawiki +2 access, which is using to actively review lots of patches
recently, reducing our backlog of patches for review.

Special thanks to the SRE and Security team for their invaluable work as
well. The same to WMDE for their technical advice regular meetings which
are very helpful.

Best regards, M.

Re: Thank you Tuesday

Pine W
Thanks for doing this. The level of participation in the "What's making you
happy this week?" threads has been a bit disappointing, but I'm glad to see
this initiative for Wikitech-l which I think is in the same spirit.

Pine

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 3:56 PM MA <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's Tuesday (my timezone at least) and this week I'd like to thank the
> following people for their work and assistance:
>
> .- Martin Urbanec: For his tireless work in the Wikimedia-Site-requests &
> Wiki-Setup Phabricator boards, and for his advice in several technical
> issues. He does a lot of wmf-config work, and the result is that our
> requests for site configuration changes no longer takes a lot of time to
> get applied. Thanks a lot.
>
> .- James D. Forrester: For his general work in MediaWiki core and
> extensions, and for sharing its expertise and knowledge with us. He's also
> willing to review my patches and I was never able to thank him properly for
> all the time and advice he's dedicated to help me.
>
> .- Raimond Spekking: For his work in translatewiki.net and his i18n
> expertise, and i18n patch review activities. MediaWiki and its extensions
> are a success in localisation thanks to his work, and that of Niklas and
> the staff of translatewiki.net in general. I appreciate your efforts,
> really.
>
> .- Derrick N. Alangi: I'd like to congratulate him for his recent
> mediawiki +2 access, which is using to actively review lots of patches
> recently, reducing our backlog of patches for review.
>
> Special thanks to the SRE and Security team for their invaluable work as
> well. The same to WMDE for their technical advice regular meetings which
> are very helpful.
>
> Best regards, M.

Re: Thank you Tuesday

Kunal Mehta

Re: Thank you Tuesday

Egbe Eugene
I know it's actually late, but I will like to give special thanks to a
couple of awesome guys who have taken their time out to collaborate with me.

-. Derrick N. Alangi for taking out time to direct me to whom I can talk to
regarding the projects I am working on
-. Bawolff for taking out time to go through the code base and sorting out
issues to fix in T201492 and also reviewing the code for the FormWizard
Extension.
-. Andre__ helping out with some more experienced tasks mentoring and
sharing ideas
-. Ebe123 for the experience put in for mentoring GCI tasks.
-. Kunal mehta for some good suggestions around my work on MW.

and anyone with whom I have collaborated with.

Best Regards
Eugene233