Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Erik Moeller-4
Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--a beautiful gift to
the community. You've been wonderful hosts, patient organizers, great
friends.

The conference has been a true pleasure, and having gone to all of
them, you've really set an incredibly high bar for the teams to come.

Thank you, thank you, thank you: you've given us all so much energy,
so much fun, so much enlightenment. And a really kick-ass party. :-)

Love,
Erik

Re: Bahai Garden

Florence Devouard-2
Hello

I see on the Wikimania website that the visit begins at 9h. But where
should we plan being at 9H ?

Thanks

flo

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
Wikimania Haifa was indeed a well organised and friendly conference. It is always great to go to Wikimania, this one was relaxed well organised great people and well worth attending.
Thanks,
     GerardM

On 7 August 2011 06:15, Mingli Yuan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you all, folks in Haifa!

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--a beautiful gift to
the community. You've been wonderful hosts, patient organizers, great
friends.

The conference has been a true pleasure, and having gone to all of
them, you've really set an incredibly high bar for the teams to come.

Thank you, thank you, thank you: you've given us all so much energy,
so much fun, so much enlightenment. And a really kick-ass party. :-)

Love,
Erik

Re: Bahai Garden

KIZU Naoko
Hi, hoping your tour went well.

I'm planning to stay in Haifa for days and wondered how one can get
the Bahai Temple. The public tour in English seems only available from
the noon, and then it is said the Temple is already closed. All the
information I gathered say one should make an appointment in advance
but none gives how-to.

Any info and hindsight will be welcome,

Cheers,

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:36 AM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I see on the Wikimania website that the visit begins at 9h. But where
> should we plan being at 9H ?
>
> Thanks
>
> flo

KIZU Naoko / 木津尚子
member of Wikimedians in Kansai  / 関西ウィキメディアユーザ会 http://kansai.wikimedia.jp

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

KIZU Naoko
+1

You the team rocks. Not only the conference in general I mean here -
you guys could have ignored some petty minor requests and inquires
just saying "it's out of our business" "we're busy". Sometimes I even
felt guilty to see your team's quick responses to the list and
elsewhere.

I hope you guys and girls are now relaxed and have a mediation time
how great things you have done.  Wikimania 2011 will be a legend of
the community and irreplaceable memory of all attendees.

Cheers,

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hoi,
> Wikimania Haifa was indeed a well organised and friendly conference. It is
> always great to go to Wikimania, this one was relaxed well organised great
> people and well worth attending.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM
>
> On 7 August 2011 06:15, Mingli Yuan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you all, folks in Haifa!
>> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--a beautiful gift to
>>> the community. You've been wonderful hosts, patient organizers, great
>>> friends.
>>>
>>> The conference has been a true pleasure, and having gone to all of
>>> them, you've really set an incredibly high bar for the teams to come.
>>>
>>> Thank you, thank you, thank you: you've given us all so much energy,
>>> so much fun, so much enlightenment. And a really kick-ass party. :-)
>>>
>>> Love,
>>> Erik

KIZU Naoko / 木津尚子
member of Wikimedians in Kansai  / 関西ウィキメディアユーザ会 http://kansai.wikimedia.jp

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Samat-2
+1

I can say it was my best Wikimania, but it was my first Wikimania as well, and I think it wasn't the last one :)

And again: thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Samat

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 18:06, Gerard Meijssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Finne Boonen-2
Some of the other wikimaniacs we encountered there today did the
temple first, and then the tour afterwards.

henna

2011/8/7 KIZU Naoko <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, hoping your tour went well.
>
> I'm planning to stay in Haifa for days and wondered how one can get
> the Bahai Temple. The public tour in English seems only available from
> the noon, and then it is said the Temple is already closed. All the
> information I gathered say one should make an appointment in advance
> but none gives how-to.
>
> Any info and hindsight will be welcome,
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:36 AM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I see on the Wikimania website that the visit begins at 9h. But where
>> should we plan being at 9H ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> flo

> KIZU Naoko / 木津尚子
> member of Wikimedians in Kansai  / 関西ウィキメディアユーザ会 http://kansai.wikimedia.jp

"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Bence Damokos

+a million

Thank you!

Bence
--
Sent from my phone, on the bus to Tiberias

On 2011.08.08. 0:31, "Gábor Hanák" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I can just second that!

Gábor

2011/8/7 Erik Moeller <[hidden email]>

> Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--...

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Shiju Alex
Thank you Wikimedia Israel.

You surpassed our expectations and raised the bar for future wikimanias. :)

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Bence Damokos <[hidden email]> wrote:

+a million

Thank you!

Bence
--
Sent from my phone, on the bus to Tiberias

On 2011.08.08. 0:31, "Gábor Hanák" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I can just second that!

Gábor

2011/8/7 Erik Moeller <[hidden email]>

> Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--...

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Roan Kattouw-2
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM, KIZU Naoko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +1

+1 indeed. Wikimania 2011 was an awesome conference. Everything the
organizers could control came close to perfection; they did a great
job. The only thing you guys couldn't do was avoid the Wikimania Heat
Curse, but that's hardly your fault :)

In particular, the high-profile Israeli speakers you attracted were
great. I forget their names, but the talks from Prof. Benkler (sp? I
mean the Harvard prof) and the Knesset committee chair were very good.

(I hear Washington is gonna be about as hot as Haifa, albeit with less
humidity. Wikimania 2013 in Reykjavik? Maybe we can make peace with
the volcano that way too. :D)

> You the team rocks. Not only the conference in general I mean here -
> you guys could have ignored some petty minor requests and inquires
> just saying "it's out of our business" "we're busy". Sometimes I even
> felt guilty to see your team's quick responses to the list and
> elsewhere.
I experienced the same thing: after asserting on identi.ca and Twitter
that WM11 would have streaming, I got 3 or 4 replies from different
organizers correcting me and apologizing for the lack of streaming,
all in a few hours. Special thanks in this category to Danny B, who
gave me the impression he had made it his personal mission to look
after me, getting me water when I was presenting and polaroid pictures
at the party, even though I'm sure he was plenty busy with other
things.

I wish the WM11 team lots of recovery sleep after what I'm sure has
been an exhausting week, and the WM12 team the best of luck trying to
live up to this excellent example.

Roan

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

James Hare
Washington is about as hot as Haifa but *more* humid.

Sent from my iPhone (sorry for top posting)

On Aug 8, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM, KIZU Naoko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +1
>>
> +1 indeed. Wikimania 2011 was an awesome conference. Everything the
> organizers could control came close to perfection; they did a great
> job. The only thing you guys couldn't do was avoid the Wikimania Heat
> Curse, but that's hardly your fault :)
>
> In particular, the high-profile Israeli speakers you attracted were
> great. I forget their names, but the talks from Prof. Benkler (sp? I
> mean the Harvard prof) and the Knesset committee chair were very good.
>
> (I hear Washington is gonna be about as hot as Haifa, albeit with less
> humidity. Wikimania 2013 in Reykjavik? Maybe we can make peace with
> the volcano that way too. :D)
>
>> You the team rocks. Not only the conference in general I mean here -
>> you guys could have ignored some petty minor requests and inquires
>> just saying "it's out of our business" "we're busy". Sometimes I even
>> felt guilty to see your team's quick responses to the list and
>> elsewhere.
> I experienced the same thing: after asserting on identi.ca and Twitter
> that WM11 would have streaming, I got 3 or 4 replies from different
> organizers correcting me and apologizing for the lack of streaming,
> all in a few hours. Special thanks in this category to Danny B, who
> gave me the impression he had made it his personal mission to look
> after me, getting me water when I was presenting and polaroid pictures
> at the party, even though I'm sure he was plenty busy with other
> things.
>
> I wish the WM11 team lots of recovery sleep after what I'm sure has
> been an exhausting week, and the WM12 team the best of luck trying to
> live up to this excellent example.
>
> Roan

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Harel Cain
We weren't surprised with the weather. We actually had perfectly normal days for August in Haifa, even a little better (cooler) than normal.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Harel Cain
Wikimania 2011 local team

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 15:35, James Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:
Washington is about as hot as Haifa but *more* humid.

Sent from my iPhone (sorry for top posting)

On Aug 8, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM, KIZU Naoko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +1
>>
> +1 indeed. Wikimania 2011 was an awesome conference. Everything the
> organizers could control came close to perfection; they did a great
> job. The only thing you guys couldn't do was avoid the Wikimania Heat
> Curse, but that's hardly your fault :)
>
> In particular, the high-profile Israeli speakers you attracted were
> great. I forget their names, but the talks from Prof. Benkler (sp? I
> mean the Harvard prof) and the Knesset committee chair were very good.
>
> (I hear Washington is gonna be about as hot as Haifa, albeit with less
> humidity. Wikimania 2013 in Reykjavik? Maybe we can make peace with
> the volcano that way too. :D)
>
>> You the team rocks. Not only the conference in general I mean here -
>> you guys could have ignored some petty minor requests and inquires
>> just saying "it's out of our business" "we're busy". Sometimes I even
>> felt guilty to see your team's quick responses to the list and
>> elsewhere.
> I experienced the same thing: after asserting on identi.ca and Twitter
> that WM11 would have streaming, I got 3 or 4 replies from different
> organizers correcting me and apologizing for the lack of streaming,
> all in a few hours. Special thanks in this category to Danny B, who
> gave me the impression he had made it his personal mission to look
> after me, getting me water when I was presenting and polaroid pictures
> at the party, even though I'm sure he was plenty busy with other
> things.
>
> I wish the WM11 team lots of recovery sleep after what I'm sure has
> been an exhausting week, and the WM12 team the best of luck trying to
> live up to this excellent example.
>
> Roan

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Sumana Harihareswara-2
On 08/07/2011 02:00 AM, Erik Moeller wrote:

> Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--a beautiful gift to
> the community. You've been wonderful hosts, patient organizers, great
> friends.
>
> The conference has been a true pleasure, and having gone to all of
> them, you've really set an incredibly high bar for the teams to come.
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you: you've given us all so much energy,
> so much fun, so much enlightenment. And a really kick-ass party. :-)
>
> Love,
> Erik

I am so grateful to WM Israel.  I'm grateful for the long conversations
I had with Wikimedians from Israel and from all over the world, for the
Developers' Days, for fine parties and long coffee breaks, for
convenient shuttlebuses and comprehensive instructions, and for an
infusion of friendly, can-do spirit.

This was my first Wikimania, and as far as I can tell, this is what
Wikimania is supposed to be.  Thank you.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Hari Prasad Nadig
yes, truly excellent work. And a great team. The event was marvellous.

Thanks to the entire WM-Isreal team.

And a special thank you from India for it was less hassles with visa this time -- a highlight for us, people from the sub-continent.

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--a beautiful gift to
the community. You've been wonderful hosts, patient organizers, great
friends.

The conference has been a true pleasure, and having gone to all of
them, you've really set an incredibly high bar for the teams to come.

Thank you, thank you, thank you: you've given us all so much energy,
so much fun, so much enlightenment. And a really kick-ass party. :-)

Love,
Erik

--
Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpnadig
FlickR: http://flickr.com/hpnadig
Wikipedia: [[User:HPN]]

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Patricio Lorente

From the boarding area of Ben Gurion airport I want to add my congratulations to the WikimediaIL team: it was a wonderful Wikimania not only because it was perfectly organized or because it had a great schedule, or because there were incredible parties and meetups: most of all because you were there, always with a smile, and always trying to make things even better.

I know it's been a hard work. Thank you all for your commitment and care. Un abrazo!

               Patricio

El ago 8, 2011 1:39 p.m., "Hari Prasad Nadig" <[hidden email]> escribió:
> yes, truly excellent work. And a great team. The event was marvellous.
>
> Thanks to the entire WM-Isreal team.
>
> And a special thank you from India for it was less hassles with visa this
> time -- a highlight for us, people from the sub-continent.
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--a beautiful gift to
>> the community. You've been wonderful hosts, patient organizers, great
>> friends.
>>
>> The conference has been a true pleasure, and having gone to all of
>> them, you've really set an incredibly high bar for the teams to come.
>>
>> Thank you, thank you, thank you: you've given us all so much energy,
>> so much fun, so much enlightenment. And a really kick-ass party. :-)
>>
>> Love,
>> Erik
>>

> --
> Hari Prasad Nadig
> http://hpnadig.net
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpnadig
> FlickR: http://flickr.com/hpnadig
> Wikipedia: [[User:HPN]]

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Tiffany Smith
One more thank you: such a great experience!  And special thanks from
the Washington team: the Wikimania 2011 crew even took time at the
conclusion of the conference to talk with us about the experience
while it was still fresh.  It will be difficult to match this year's
success, but we're inspired by their great work!
Best,
Tiffany

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Patricio Lorente
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> From the boarding area of Ben Gurion airport I want to add my
> congratulations to the WikimediaIL team: it was a wonderful Wikimania not
> only because it was perfectly organized or because it had a great schedule,
> or because there were incredible parties and meetups: most of all because
> you were there, always with a smile, and always trying to make things even
> better.
>
> I know it's been a hard work. Thank you all for your commitment and care. Un
> abrazo!
>
>                Patricio
>
> El ago 8, 2011 1:39 p.m., "Hari Prasad Nadig" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>> yes, truly excellent work. And a great team. The event was marvellous.
>>
>> Thanks to the entire WM-Isreal team.
>>
>> And a special thank you from India for it was less hassles with visa this
>> time -- a highlight for us, people from the sub-continent.
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011--a beautiful gift to
>>> the community. You've been wonderful hosts, patient organizers, great
>>> friends.
>>>
>>> The conference has been a true pleasure, and having gone to all of
>>> them, you've really set an incredibly high bar for the teams to come.
>>>
>>> Thank you, thank you, thank you: you've given us all so much energy,
>>> so much fun, so much enlightenment. And a really kick-ass party. :-)
>>>
>>> Love,
>>> Erik
>>>

>> --
>> Hari Prasad Nadig
>> http://hpnadig.net
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpnadig
>> FlickR: http://flickr.com/hpnadig
>> Wikipedia: [[User:HPN]]

Re: Thank you Wikimedia Israel!

Kat Walsh-4
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Huge, huge thanks to WM Israel for Wikimania 2011

And more thanks--everything was very well put together and I had a
fantastic time in Haifa. Wikimania always reminds me how much I enjoy
and respect the people involved in the projects, who all understand
why you spend so much time and effort (and sometimes headaches) on
this crazy thing.

I am particularly impressed at how the organizational team was so
quick to respond to requests and difficult situations, and how they
continued to be friendly and thoughtful and ready for everything, even
after what must have been weeks with not enough sleep. I hope it is
now their turn to relax on the beach...

And I look forward to seeing you all in DC next year!

-Kat

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia online: http://donate.wikimedia.org/en
Wikimedia, Press: [hidden email] * Personal: [hidden email]