Thank you to our hosts

Risker
As I spend my last few hours here at Wikimania 2015, I want to extend my thanks to all of the leaders and volunteers who have made this Wikimania a truly memorable event.  It is a bit funny that, despite being in the middle of what might be called a very "corporate" environment, I have felt such camaraderie and friendship amongst our huge,worldwide community.  Our organizers set the stage for us to make it such an excellent weekend together.

So many things went right this weekend. The food was good, the sessions were good, the company was excellent, and the venue was very accommodating.  Yes, there were a few problems - six months from now, they will be remembered as funny stories.

Thank you again, to all of you.

Risker/Anne

Re: Thank you to our hosts

Phoebe Ayers-2

+1,000,000. This has been a lovely Wikimania. (And more still to come today!)

Favorite things so far: great talks, great lunchtime conversations (and food!), constant coffee availability, learning about groups at their booths, and seeing old friends in the elevators :)

Phoebe

On Jul 19, 2015 10:14 AM, "Risker" <[hidden email]> wrote:
As I spend my last few hours here at Wikimania 2015, I want to extend my thanks to all of the leaders and volunteers who have made this Wikimania a truly memorable event.  It is a bit funny that, despite being in the middle of what might be called a very "corporate" environment, I have felt such camaraderie and friendship amongst our huge,worldwide community.  Our organizers set the stage for us to make it such an excellent weekend together.

So many things went right this weekend. The food was good, the sessions were good, the company was excellent, and the venue was very accommodating.  Yes, there were a few problems - six months from now, they will be remembered as funny stories.

Thank you again, to all of you.

Risker/Anne

Re: Thank you to our hosts

Andrew Lih-2
I completely agree with Risker and others -- what a wonderful conference it has been and congrats and thanks to Ivan Martinez and the entire crew of WM Mexico on executing an amazing event. Thanks from all of us!

-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 11:09 AM, phoebe ayers <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ivana L.

No puedo hacer más que sumarme a las felicitaciones y a los agradecimientos a nuestros organizadores. Tengo la experiencia de organizar una Wikimanía y es algo tan complejo en la que tantas cosas pueden salir mal que nunca está de más agradeder el esfuerzo (¡y los excelentes resultados!) a nuestros compañeros mexicanos. El café está siempre disponible, la comida es muy buena (y la comemos sentados en mesas, algo que no ha pasado tantas veces en el pasado) las charlas son interesantes y la sede es muy cómoda.

Un abrazo grande, amigos, estamos muy orgullosos de ustedes.

Ivana
[[:es:User:Isha]]

El jul 19, 2015 11:13 AM, "Andrew Lih" <[hidden email]> escribió:
[...]

Rachel diCerbo
+1million!

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Ivana L. <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Director of Community Engagement (Product)
Wikimedia Foundation
Rdicerb (WMF)
    @a_rachel

Re: Thank you to our hosts

Galileo Vidoni

Empezaron a llover agradecimientos y Wikimanía ni siquiera terminó. Eso dice todo, chicos. Felicitaciones mil.

Galileo Vidoni
Presidente
A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

El jul 19, 2015 11:27 AM, "Frances Hocutt" <[hidden email]> escribió:
[...]

Subramanya Sastry

Everything Risker said. Thank you to all the organizers.

I loved the food, and as a vegetarian, felt well-accomodated!

Subbu.

On 07/19/2015 10:13 AM, Risker wrote:
As I spend my last few hours here at Wikimania 2015, I want to extend my thanks to all of the leaders and volunteers who have made this Wikimania a truly memorable event.  It is a bit funny that, despite being in the middle of what might be called a very "corporate" environment, I have felt such camaraderie and friendship amongst our huge,worldwide community.  Our organizers set the stage for us to make it such an excellent weekend together.

So many things went right this weekend. The food was good, the sessions were good, the company was excellent, and the venue was very accommodating.  Yes, there were a few problems - six months from now, they will be remembered as funny stories.

Thank you again, to all of you.

Risker/Anne

Re: Thank you to our hosts

Kartik Mistry
On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Subramanya Sastry
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I loved the food, and as a vegetarian, felt well-accomodated!

+100 for labels near the food (and for spicy things!)

--
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
{kartikm, 0x1f1f}.wordpress.com

Re: Thank you to our hosts

Victor Grigas
+1

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I loved the food, and as a vegetarian, felt well-accomodated!

+100 for labels near the food (and for spicy things!)

--
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
{kartikm, 0x1f1f}.wordpress.com

Victor Grigas
Storyteller and Video Content Producer

Re: Thank you to our hosts

Luca Martinelli

I too want to give my personal cheers to the organising team and especially the volunteers. They did a wonderful job, and they should be given a time to get to the podium and receive their deserved applause. :)

I hope that the next year we Italians will be able to provide an equivalent result -- it will be difficult, but we'll try very hard. :)

Luca "Sannita" Martinelli
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Sannita

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I loved the food, and as a vegetarian, felt well-accomodated!

+100 for labels near the food (and for spicy things!)

--
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
{kartikm, 0x1f1f}.wordpress.com

Victor Grigas
Storyteller and Video Content Producer

Re: Thank you to our hosts

Nurunnaby Hasive-3

Its really a great wikimania. Thanks the Team Wikimania and Wikimedia Mexico.

Special thanks to Ivan and the whole team who doing really great job.

-Hasive
@nhasive

--
Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive
Wikimedia Bangladesh

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I loved the food, and as a vegetarian, felt well-accomodated!

+100 for labels near the food (and for spicy things!)

--
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
{kartikm, 0x1f1f}.wordpress.com

Victor Grigas
Storyteller and Video Content Producer

Re: Thank you to our hosts

Chris Keating-2

Further to my last email, I would add DO have mariachis at every future Wikimania. :)

(And does anyone know where I can find their tailors? I could do with those trousers)

More seriously - great job guys :)