The revisions watching database is blocked for ten hours

The revisions watching database is blocked for ten hours

יגאל חיטרון
Hello. At least ten hours the revisions watching database is blocked.
Reproducing steps:
1) Open the history of some page you have non-visited new revisions in your
watchlist.
2) Make sure you see green marks "updated since my last visit".
3) Open the page itself.
5) The green marks removed as expected.
6) Wait five minutes.
7) Refresh the history.
8) The marks are back.
The problem exists on some wikis, not all of them. For example, I can see
it on hewiki and can't on ruwiki. There is a possibility that hewiki is the
only one. Before I file a phab task, was there some anticipated database
blocking?
Thank you.
Igal (User:IKhitron)

Re: The revisions watching database is blocked for ten hours

Amir Sarabadani-2
That's probably regression introduced in wmf.10 because hewiki and cawiki
get the new versions sooner. I don't know if this should be train blocker
or not.

Best

‪On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 2:19 PM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <[hidden email]>
wrote:‬

> Hello. At least ten hours the revisions watching database is blocked.
> Reproducing steps:
> 1) Open the history of some page you have non-visited new revisions in your
> watchlist.
> 2) Make sure you see green marks "updated since my last visit".
> 3) Open the page itself.
> 5) The green marks removed as expected.
> 6) Wait five minutes.
> 7) Refresh the history.
> 8) The marks are back.
> The problem exists on some wikis, not all of them. For example, I can see
> it on hewiki and can't on ruwiki. There is a possibility that hewiki is the
> only one. Before I file a phab task, was there some anticipated database
> blocking?
> Thank you.
> Igal (User:IKhitron)

Amir (he/him)

Re: The revisions watching database is blocked for ten hours

יגאל חיטרון
Two more points:
* There takes sometimes minutes to load Special:Watchlist.
* If you unmark revisions using API call, not just opening the page, they
stay unmarked.
Igal

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 19 ביוני 2019 ב-15:23 מאת ‪Amir Sarabadani‬‏ <‪
[hidden email]‬‏>:‬

> That's probably regression introduced in wmf.10 because hewiki and cawiki
> get the new versions sooner. I don't know if this should be train blocker
> or not.
>
> Best
>
> ‪On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 2:19 PM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <[hidden email]>
> wrote:‬
>
> > Hello. At least ten hours the revisions watching database is blocked.
> > Reproducing steps:
> > 1) Open the history of some page you have non-visited new revisions in
> your
> > watchlist.
> > 2) Make sure you see green marks "updated since my last visit".
> > 3) Open the page itself.
> > 5) The green marks removed as expected.
> > 6) Wait five minutes.
> > 7) Refresh the history.
> > 8) The marks are back.
> > The problem exists on some wikis, not all of them. For example, I can see
> > it on hewiki and can't on ruwiki. There is a possibility that hewiki is
> the
> > only one. Before I file a phab task, was there some anticipated database
> > blocking?
> > Thank you.
> > Igal (User:IKhitron)

> Amir (he/him)

Re: The revisions watching database is blocked for ten hours

Krinkle
A similar report is tracked at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T226109.
Likely the same cause.

The wmf.10 train has been reverted from group1 wikis[1], which means the
issue should no longer happen again.
Whether the existing jobs from the last 24 hours are lost or can be
recovered will be determined at T226109.

-- Timo

[1] https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/One_week#Group_1

‪On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 1:19 PM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <[hidden email]>
wrote:‬

> Hello. At least ten hours the revisions watching database is blocked.
> Reproducing steps:
> 1) Open the history of some page you have non-visited new revisions in your
> watchlist.
> 2) Make sure you see green marks "updated since my last visit".
> 3) Open the page itself.
> 5) The green marks removed as expected.
> 6) Wait five minutes.
> 7) Refresh the history.
> 8) The marks are back.
> The problem exists on some wikis, not all of them. For example, I can see
> it on hewiki and can't on ruwiki. There is a possibility that hewiki is the
> only one. Before I file a phab task, was there some anticipated database
> blocking?
> Thank you.
> Igal (User:IKhitron)

Re: The revisions watching database is blocked for ten hours

יגאל חיטרון
Thanks a lot.
Igal

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 19 ביוני 2019 ב-17:57 מאת ‪Krinkle‬‏ <‪[hidden email]
‬‏>:‬