The sprint to the Tarball begins

Mark A. Hershberger

Before we release an official tarball for 1.18, I've marked a few bugs
that I think should be fixed for 1.18:

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?resolution=---&target_milestone=1.18%20tarball%20release
http://hexm.de/97 (if the above URL wraps unusably).

I've already spent some time today trimming the list by fixing a couple
of bugs or failing to reproduce them.

Now that there are only 8 left, I'm hoping you all can find one or two
that you're interested in fixing.  If you think I've missed a serious
regression that you know about in Bugzilla, please let me know.

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31060 -- [Regression] Sortable tables:
    "unsortable" should also work for rows outside the table heading

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31511 -- Unable to add/remove buttons from
    (classic) toolbar from a gadget after MW update

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31627 -- too many links on one page break
    the parser - Allowed memory size exhausted

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31682 -- MW1.18 broke Edittools for
    Special:Upload

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31691 -- Don't send javascript to
    incompatible browsers

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31694 -- Wrong TAB order during
    instalation

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31732 -- Category count of file numbers is
    wrong on first page

http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31990 -- justify paragraphs pref adds
    extra space to category listing

Thanks!

Mark.

Re: The sprint to the Tarball begins

Danny Joe Bauch
I don't have a manifestation of this bug, but somebody working on the
installer should look at WebInstaller.php, lines 640 and 641, which
both assign to the $html variable. They can't both be right. In
effect, 640 does nothing. In older revisions, the line $html =
$this->parse( $text, true); was $html = $this->parse( $html, true);
The $html value having been set on the previous line with $html =
htmlspecialchars( $text ); just as it still is.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Mark A. Hershberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Before we release an official tarball for 1.18, I've marked a few bugs
> that I think should be fixed for 1.18:
>
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?resolution=---&target_milestone=1.18%20tarball%20release
> http://hexm.de/97 (if the above URL wraps unusably).
>
> I've already spent some time today trimming the list by fixing a couple
> of bugs or failing to reproduce them.
>
> Now that there are only 8 left, I'm hoping you all can find one or two
> that you're interested in fixing.  If you think I've missed a serious
> regression that you know about in Bugzilla, please let me know.
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31060 -- [Regression] Sortable tables:
>    "unsortable" should also work for rows outside the table heading
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31511 -- Unable to add/remove buttons from
>    (classic) toolbar from a gadget after MW update
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31627 -- too many links on one page break
>    the parser - Allowed memory size exhausted
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31682 -- MW1.18 broke Edittools for
>    Special:Upload
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31691 -- Don't send javascript to
>    incompatible browsers
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31694 -- Wrong TAB order during
>    instalation
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31732 -- Category count of file numbers is
>    wrong on first page
>
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/31990 -- justify paragraphs pref adds
>    extra space to category listing
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark.

Re: The sprint to the Tarball begins

Brion Vibber
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 2:08 PM, DJ Bauch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't have a manifestation of this bug, but somebody working on the
> installer should look at WebInstaller.php, lines 640 and 641, which
> both assign to the $html variable. They can't both be right. In
> effect, 640 does nothing. In older revisions, the line $html =
> $this->parse( $text, true); was $html = $this->parse( $html, true);
> The $html value having been set on the previous line with $html =
> htmlspecialchars( $text ); just as it still is.

Added a note on code review:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/100126#c25435

It looks like the cleanup changed this from an accidental leftover line and
then parsing, to escaping and then parsing, which doesn't look right to me.
Should probably remove that previous line with the htmlspecialchars() and
pass $text into parse() as before?

-- brion