The survey is finally here

Piotr Konieczny-2
After years of campaigning for a General User Survey, finally we get
something similar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SURVEY

I am glad somebody didn't forget about copyright: "UNU-Merit will make
anonymized research data available under the CC-BY license, and its own
analysis under the CC-BY-SA license. Results will be publicized both on
the Wikimedia blog and on the foundation-l mailing list."

I am looking forward to the results, and I expect all of the readers of
this listserv will fill in the survey :)

Disclaimer: I am not associated with UNU-Merit and had and have nothing
to do with this survey (but I tried to keep Meta:GUS alive and
sympathize with the new survey).

--
Piotr Konieczny

"The problem about Wikipedia is, that it just works in reality, not in
theory."

Re: The survey is finally here

Ziko van Dijk

Disclaimer: I am not associated with UNU-Merit and had and have nothing
to do with this survey (but I tried to keep Meta:GUS alive and
sympathize with the new survey).

--
Piotr Konieczny

And I would not mind if you *were* associated. :-)

Indeed, the survey is important and we all hope that many Wikimedians answer.

Does anybody know how long the survey will take, and when the results are going to be published?

Ziko van Dijk

--
Ziko van Dijk
NL-Silvolde

Re: The survey is finally here

Erik Moeller-4
2008/10/29 Ziko van Dijk <[hidden email]>:
> Does anybody know how long the survey will take, and when the results are
> going to be published?

We're going to run it at least until next Monday, to have both weekend
and non-weekend users. We hope to have first results within 8 weeks
from then.

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation