Thematic Meetups at Wikimania 2016

Benoit Rochon
Hello everyone,

For several years I have asked the organizers of Wikimania to formalize thematic meetups because I think they are essential. This is where we gather by group of interests, we develop relationships, making friends, organize projects together, etc.

<great fanfare>

For the first time since the beginning of Wikimanias, thematic meetups are included in the official schedule. Isn't that wonderful? So we are done with meetups on the corner of a table, between two sessions and two sandwiches! We can meet without schedule worries, every morning from 9.00 to 10.00 and every evening from 18.00 to 19.00. The thematic meetups are held at the primary school of Esino Lario.

If you wish to organize a thematic meetup, there are still some available spots. If you have questions, special needs, or anything else for your meetup, please contact me.

For all details, please visit: https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetups

Best regards,

Benoit Rochon
---
Vice president, Wikimedia Canada, National Chapter supporting Wikipedia.
Coordinator,
 WikiFranca, Francophone Chapters Association of Wikimedia.

535 Viger avenue East, Montreal (Quebec)  H2L 2P3

Re: Thematic Meetups at Wikimania 2016

Barbara Fischer
Salut Benoit,

lovely idea!! The GLAM people would love to meet up Saturday evening in one of the bars. Please let us have the most GLAMorous of them all. The topic would be "GLAM coordinators meeting" as follow up to Paris group, Wikimedia conference 2016 and ..

Do you need more info or would it do so?

Will you book the room? Did I get that right?

best regards

Barbara Fischer
Kuratorin für Kulturpartnerschaften

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | NEU: Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
Tel. (030) 219 158 26-(0)44

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

[...]

Federico Leva (Nemo)
I've just added a Wikiquote meetup and I'd like to see at least a
Wiktionary meetup, to meet all the Wiktionary people of Wikimania in
case I miss some at
https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Critical_issues_presentations/How_the_French_Wiktionary_became_a_grown-up_project

Others are hopefully interested in other sister projects, too.

Nemo

Re: Thematic Meetups at Wikimania 2016

Dario Crespi
I know another person interested in Wikitionay, but he's not on this mailing list. @Nemo, if I miss emails about a Wikitoionary meetup, could you please inform me?