This is really disgusting!!!

uv22e22@googlemail.com
Every FUCKING JERK is publishing these Emails from this mailing list all
over the world. There are coming more and more SHIT SITES which are
publishing every word I am writing here on its dammed websites without my
permission. Every open webforum is more private than this list.

Rob,

this is defenetly the reason, why noone uses this mailing list anymore.
Perhaps you should write near the subscription button: "note, everything you
write here is published on several sites all over the world"
I will defenetly unsubscribe from now on.

Re: This is really disgusting!!!

Florian Knorn
What the . . .

???

[hidden email] wrote:

> Every FUCKING JERK is publishing these Emails from this mailing list all
> over the world. There are coming more and more SHIT SITES which are
> publishing every word I am writing here on its dammed websites without my
> permission. Every open webforum is more private than this list.
>

> Rob,
>
> this is defenetly the reason, why noone uses this mailing list anymore.
> Perhaps you should write near the subscription button: "note, everything you
> write here is published on several sites all over the world"
> I will defenetly unsubscribe from now on.

Re: This is really disgusting!!!

David Gerard-2
On 28/12/06, Florian Knorn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What the . . .
> ???

Someone upset that if they write something in a public forum, people
can see it. This is a concept a surprisingly large number of people
appear to have problems getting their head around.

- d.

Re: This is really disgusting!!!

Gary Kirk
Somewhere I thought it said "This mailing list has publicly-accessible
archives" but I can't find that bit on mail.wikimedia.org right now.
However, it does say "Archives are available for online reading; posting
generally requires signing up". What is wrong with people reading what
you've written anyway?

> Every FUCKING JERK is publishing these Emails from this mailing list all
> over the world. There are coming more and more SHIT SITES which are
> publishing every word I am writing here on its dammed websites without my
> permission. Every open webforum is more private than this list.
>

> Rob,
>
> this is defenetly the reason, why noone uses this mailing list anymore.
> Perhaps you should write near the subscription button: "note, everything
> you
> write here is published on several sites all over the world"
> I will defenetly unsubscribe from now on.

Gary Kirk

Please, stop feeding this troll. [was: Re: This is really disgusting!!!]

Jan-62

[hidden email] schrieb:
> Every FUCKING JERK ...

Re: This is really disgusting!!!

Nikola Smolenski
David Gerard wrote:
> On 28/12/06, Florian Knorn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>What the . . .
>>???
>
> Someone upset that if they write something in a public forum, people
> can see it. This is a concept a surprisingly large number of people
> appear to have problems getting their head around.

One problem is that people might ask on the list about their problems
with MediaWiki and thus appear unknowledgeable later on. I agree however
that there is no reason to keep list archives hidden.

Re: This is really disgusting!!!

Fernando Correia
In my opinion, in the same way we can read old (and interesting)
USENET postings on the web, public mailing lists should have public
archives as well. Many times we can find a solution to our needs by
searching and reading those old threads.

Re: This is really disgusting!!!

Yongho Kim
I can retrace uv22e22 ("uv2" from now on)'s thought process as follows:

   1. When I post messages at MediaWiki-l, I give permission only to
   MediaWiki-l to post these messages.
   2. I googled my name and found this:
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mediawiki-l&m=116536728616751&w=2
   3. I never gave permission to theaimsgroups.com to publish what I
   write
   4. I am angry.

Something like that, probably.

--
Yongho Kim

> over the world. There are coming more and more SHIT SITES which are
> publishing every word I am writing here on its dammed websites without my
> permission. Every open webforum is more private than this list.
>

> Rob,
>
> this is defenetly the reason, why noone uses this mailing list anymore.
> Perhaps you should write near the subscription button: "note, everything
> you
> write here is published on several sites all over the world"
> I will defenetly unsubscribe from now on.

Re: [Mediawiki-l] This is really disgusting!!!

uv22e22@googlemail.com
Thank you Kim!

The same thing is on gmane.org

I asked friendly and serious several times to delete some messages which
include my personal name. They did not anzwer one mail. I believe,
gmane.orgis a kind of criminal institution. There is no disclaimer on
the website, no
friendly ask for a removement of mails is anzwered. They post everything on
the web and ignore the peoples demands. If I would be a sweden citizen, I
defenetly would take legal action against these kids!

2007/1/9, Yongho Kim <[hidden email]>:

> I can retrace uv22e22 ("uv2" from now on)'s thought process as follows:
>
>   1. When I post messages at MediaWiki-l, I give permission only to
>   MediaWiki-l to post these messages.
>   2. I googled my name and found this:
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mediawiki-l&m=116536728616751&w=2
>   3. I never gave permission to theaimsgroups.com to publish what I
>   write
>   4. I am angry.
>
> Something like that, probably.
>
> --
> Yongho Kim

> > over the world. There are coming more and more SHIT SITES which are
> > publishing every word I am writing here on its dammed websites without
> my
> > permission. Every open webforum is more private than this list.
> >

> > Rob,
> >
> > this is defenetly the reason, why noone uses this mailing list anymore.
> > Perhaps you should write near the subscription button: "note, everything
> > you
> > write here is published on several sites all over the world"
> > I will defenetly unsubscribe from now on.

Re: [Mediawiki-l] This is really disgusting!!!

Brion Vibber

Re: [Mediawiki-l] This is really disgusting!!!

Rob Church
> Since having your posts archived offends you so much, I've taken the
> liberty of unsubscribing you from this list, which is a public list with
> public archives.

This is what I believe we term a good "cluesticking" around these parts...

> I've also gone ahead and put you on the list of blocked subscribers, so
> you won't accidentally get resubscribed somehow (which would allow you
> to send posts, which would be archived publicly).

...and this is what we like to term "pure pwnage".

Cheers, Brion,

Rob Church

2007/1/9, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>:

> Since having your posts archived offends you so much, I've taken the
> liberty of unsubscribing you from this list, which is a public list with
> public archives.
>
> (Apparently you forgot to do this after proclaiming that you "will
> defenetly unsubscribe from now on" on December 28)
>
> I've also gone ahead and put you on the list of blocked subscribers, so
> you won't accidentally get resubscribed somehow (which would allow you
> to send posts, which would be archived publicly).

Thank you so much!

Re: [Mediawiki-l] This is really disgusting!!!

Frederik Dohr
>> Since having your posts archived offends you so much, I've taken the
>> liberty of unsubscribing you from this list, which is a public list with
>> public archives.
>
> This is what I believe we term a good "cluesticking" around these parts...
>
>> I've also gone ahead and put you on the list of blocked subscribers, so
>> you won't accidentally get resubscribed somehow (which would allow you
>> to send posts, which would be archived publicly).
>
> ...and this is what we like to term "pure pwnage".

I can only second that!

While his concerns might be legit (even if somewhat naive), the trolling behavior just stopped being funny after a while...

-- F.