Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Claudia Garád
Hi Wikimania-team!

We tried to book one more room at the Thistle today (according to the website today should be the last day for registration).
However, the hotel website claims that the Wikimania rates are not available anymore. Is the hotel fully booked? Or might there be some confusion concering the deadline? Are there any other recommendations for people who don't have a room yet?

Thanks
Claudia

--
Claudia Garád
Geschäftsführerin

Wikimedia Österreich - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
www.wikimedia.at

Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Andrew Gray-3
I feel a little silly - I'd been wondering when the recommended
accommodation was going to be available, and figured there'd be an
announcement here! Hadn't spotted it had gone up and now closed...

Andrew.

(contemplating the train for five days and deciding a hotel is less painful...)

On 10 June 2014 09:11, Claudia Garád <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Wikimania-team!
>
> We tried to book one more room at the Thistle today (according to the
> website today should be the last day for registration).
> However, the hotel website claims that the Wikimania rates are not available
> anymore. Is the hotel fully booked? Or might there be some confusion
> concering the deadline? Are there any other recommendations for people who
> don't have a room yet?
>
> Thanks
> Claudia
>
> --
> Claudia Garád
> Geschäftsführerin
>
> Wikimedia Österreich - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> www.wikimedia.at

- Andrew Gray

Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Andy Mabbett-2
On 10 June 2014 09:58, Andrew Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I feel a little silly - I'd been wondering when the recommended
> accommodation was going to be available, and figured there'd be an
> announcement here! Hadn't spotted it had gone up and now closed...

Given that UK scholarships have yet to be awarded...

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Andy Mabbett, 10/06/2014 12:53:
> Given that UK scholarships have yet to be awarded...

WMIT decided yesterday (pending board resolution today).

Nemo

Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Richard Symonds-3

The team are looking into this guys. Will try and get a response for you soon :-)

On 10 Jun 2014 12:05, "Federico Leva (Nemo)" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Andy Mabbett, 10/06/2014 12:53:
Given that UK scholarships have yet to be awarded...

WMIT decided yesterday (pending board resolution today).

Nemo

Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Ellie Young
We will be extending the registration deadline with the hotel and the conference very soon.

The hotel is right now looking  into getting more twi rooms on Aug 5 and 10, that is the problem.  WE should hear back soon about this.  There will also be alternate hotels listed very soon.

Waiting on word from hotel...

Ellie Young
WMF Conference Coordinator

On Jun 10, 2014, at 1:11 AM, Claudia Garád <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Wikimania-team!

We tried to book one more room at the Thistle today (according to the website today should be the last day for registration).
However, the hotel website claims that the Wikimania rates are not available anymore. Is the hotel fully booked? Or might there be some confusion concering the deadline? Are there any other recommendations for people who don't have a room yet?

Thanks
Claudia

--
Claudia Garád
Geschäftsführerin

Wikimedia Österreich - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
www.wikimedia.at

Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Christopher Cooper-2

https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Accommodation has just been updated. The registration deadline for room bookings has been pushed back to 30th June 2014. The link still doesn’t allow bookings at the discounted rate, but efforts are being made to resolve this.

Kind regards,

Christopher

User: CT Cooper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:CT_Cooper

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:CT_Cooper

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:CT_Cooper

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Andrew Gray-3
Thanks - if you could let us know on the list when the extra hotels
are up that'd be great :-)

Andrew.

On 10 June 2014 13:59, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We will be extending the registration deadline with the hotel and the
> conference very soon.
>
> The hotel is right now looking  into getting more twi rooms on Aug 5 and 10,
> that is the problem.  WE should hear back soon about this.  There will also
> be alternate hotels listed very soon.
>
> Waiting on word from hotel...
>
> Ellie Young
> WMF Conference Coordinator
>
> On Jun 10, 2014, at 1:11 AM, Claudia Garád <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimania-team!
>
> We tried to book one more room at the Thistle today (according to the
> website today should be the last day for registration).
> However, the hotel website claims that the Wikimania rates are not available
> anymore. Is the hotel fully booked? Or might there be some confusion
> concering the deadline? Are there any other recommendations for people who
> don't have a room yet?
>
> Thanks
> Claudia
>
> --
> Claudia Garád
> Geschäftsführerin
>
> Wikimedia Österreich - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> www.wikimedia.at

- Andrew Gray

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Richard Symonds-3
I will endeavour to keep the list up to date :-)

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

On 10 June 2014 17:48, Andrew Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks - if you could let us know on the list when the extra hotels
are up that'd be great :-)

Andrew.

On 10 June 2014 13:59, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We will be extending the registration deadline with the hotel and the
> conference very soon.
>
> The hotel is right now looking  into getting more twi rooms on Aug 5 and 10,
> that is the problem.  WE should hear back soon about this.  There will also
> be alternate hotels listed very soon.
>
> Waiting on word from hotel...
>
> Ellie Young
> WMF Conference Coordinator
>
> On Jun 10, 2014, at 1:11 AM, Claudia Garád <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimania-team!
>
> We tried to book one more room at the Thistle today (according to the
> website today should be the last day for registration).
> However, the hotel website claims that the Wikimania rates are not available
> anymore. Is the hotel fully booked? Or might there be some confusion
> concering the deadline? Are there any other recommendations for people who
> don't have a room yet?
>
> Thanks
> Claudia
>
> --
> Claudia Garád
> Geschäftsführerin
>
> Wikimedia Österreich - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> www.wikimedia.at

- Andrew Gray

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Ellie Young
Update on the hotel situation:

Our headquarters hotel, the Thistle City Barbican Hotel, has released some more rooms so that there are now more Standard TWIN Rooms for the people who need them on nights of August 6 through 10.  There are, however, no twins available on August 5th.   There may be someavailable in the next week or two, so we have extended the deadline for registering with the hotel until the end of the month.  There will be additional hotels listed once we have filled the Thistle City Barbican.

On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:24 AM, Richard Symonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

I will endeavour to keep the list up to date :-)

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992
Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

On 10 June 2014 17:48, Andrew Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks - if you could let us know on the list when the extra hotels
are up that'd be great :-)

Andrew.

On 10 June 2014 13:59, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We will be extending the registration deadline with the hotel and the
> conference very soon.
>
> The hotel is right now looking  into getting more twi rooms on Aug 5 and 10,
> that is the problem.  WE should hear back soon about this.  There will also
> be alternate hotels listed very soon.
>
> Waiting on word from hotel...
>
> Ellie Young
> WMF Conference Coordinator
>
> On Jun 10, 2014, at 1:11 AM, Claudia Garád <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimania-team!
>
> We tried to book one more room at the Thistle today (according to the
> website today should be the last day for registration).
> However, the hotel website claims that the Wikimania rates are not available
> anymore. Is the hotel fully booked? Or might there be some confusion
> concering the deadline? Are there any other recommendations for people who
> don't have a room yet?
>
> Thanks
> Claudia
>
> --
> Claudia Garád
> Geschäftsführerin
>
> Wikimedia Österreich - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> www.wikimedia.at

- Andrew Gray

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Richard Symonds-3
Thanks for keeping on top of this, Ellie!

On 12 June 2014 15:46, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
Update on the hotel situation:

Our headquarters hotel, the Thistle City Barbican Hotel, has released some more rooms so that there are now more Standard TWIN Rooms for the people who need them on nights of August 6 through 10.  There are, however, no twins available on August 5th.   There may be someavailable in the next week or two, so we have extended the deadline for registering with the hotel until the end of the month.  There will be additional hotels listed once we have filled the Thistle City Barbican.

Ellie Young
WMF Conference Coordinator

On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:24 AM, Richard Symonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

I will endeavour to keep the list up to date :-)

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992
Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

On 10 June 2014 17:48, Andrew Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks - if you could let us know on the list when the extra hotels
are up that'd be great :-)

Andrew.

On 10 June 2014 13:59, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We will be extending the registration deadline with the hotel and the
> conference very soon.
>
> The hotel is right now looking  into getting more twi rooms on Aug 5 and 10,
> that is the problem.  WE should hear back soon about this.  There will also
> be alternate hotels listed very soon.
>
> Waiting on word from hotel...
>
> Ellie Young
> WMF Conference Coordinator
>
> On Jun 10, 2014, at 1:11 AM, Claudia Garád <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimania-team!
>
> We tried to book one more room at the Thistle today (according to the
> website today should be the last day for registration).
> However, the hotel website claims that the Wikimania rates are not available
> anymore. Is the hotel fully booked? Or might there be some confusion
> concering the deadline? Are there any other recommendations for people who
> don't have a room yet?
>
> Thanks
> Claudia
>
> --
> Claudia Garád
> Geschäftsführerin
>
> Wikimedia Österreich - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> www.wikimedia.at

- Andrew Gray

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Ellie Young
Also for any Chapters out there who would like to book a block of rooms at the hotel, please get in touch with me directly so we can expedite this through the hotel directly.

Ellie (in Mexico City  looking at hotels and the conference venue for Wikimania 2015!!  :-)

On Jun 12, 2014, at 7:48 AM, Richard Symonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> Waiting on word from hotel...
>
> Ellie Young
> WMF Conference Coordinator
>
> On Jun 10, 2014, at 1:11 AM, Claudia Garád <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimania-team!
>
> We tried to book one more room at the Thistle today (according to the
> website today should be the last day for registration).
> However, the hotel website claims that the Wikimania rates are not available
> anymore. Is the hotel fully booked? Or might there be some confusion
> concering the deadline? Are there any other recommendations for people who
> don't have a room yet?
>
> Thanks
> Claudia
>
> --
> Claudia Garád
> Geschäftsführerin
>
> Wikimedia Österreich - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens

- Andrew Gray

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Daniel Schwen-2
Hmm, I had already booked an additional night beyond the conference
period (scholarship sponsored). I did not get the option to choose a
conference rate online. Is the discount good for right after the
conference?

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Richard Symonds
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for keeping on top of this, Ellie!
>
> Richard Symonds
> Wikimedia UK
> 0207 065 0992

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>
> Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over
> Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.
>

> On 12 June 2014 15:46, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Update on the hotel situation:
>>
>> Our headquarters hotel, the Thistle City Barbican Hotel, has released some
>> more rooms so that there are now more Standard TWIN Rooms for the people who
>> need them on nights of August 6 through 10.  There are, however, no twins
>> available on August 5th.   There may be someavailable in the next week or
>> two, so we have extended the deadline for registering with the hotel until
>> the end of the month.  There will be additional hotels listed once we have
>> filled the Thistle City Barbican.
>>
>> www.thistle.com/wikimedia
>>
>> Ellie Young
>> WMF Conference Coordinator
>>
>> On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:24 AM, Richard Symonds
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I will endeavour to keep the list up to date :-)
>>
>> Richard Symonds
>> Wikimedia UK
>> 0207 065 0992
>> Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
>> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
>> Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
>> United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
>> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
>> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>> Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
>> over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.
>>

>> On 10 June 2014 17:48, Andrew Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks - if you could let us know on the list when the extra hotels
>>> are up that'd be great :-)
>>>
>>> Andrew.

>>> --
>>> - Andrew Gray
>>>   [hidden email]

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Ellie Young
The conference rate on that hotel link is only good for 6 nights- Aug 5-10.
So if you want to stay  for the night of August 11th you have to make your own arrangements.  I am not sure what the hotel is offering rate-wise.  You could always ask them to give you the rate?

Ellie

On Jun 12, 2014, at 7:57 AM, Daniel Schwen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm, I had already booked an additional night beyond the conference
> period (scholarship sponsored). I did not get the option to choose a
> conference rate online. Is the discount good for right after the
> conference?
>
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Richard Symonds
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks for keeping on top of this, Ellie!
>>
>> Richard Symonds
>> Wikimedia UK
>> 0207 065 0992
>>
>> Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
>> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
>> Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
>> United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
>> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
>> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>>
>> Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over
>> Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.
>>

>> On 12 June 2014 15:46, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Update on the hotel situation:
>>>
>>> Our headquarters hotel, the Thistle City Barbican Hotel, has released some
>>> more rooms so that there are now more Standard TWIN Rooms for the people who
>>> need them on nights of August 6 through 10.  There are, however, no twins
>>> available on August 5th.   There may be someavailable in the next week or
>>> two, so we have extended the deadline for registering with the hotel until
>>> the end of the month.  There will be additional hotels listed once we have
>>> filled the Thistle City Barbican.
>>>
>>> www.thistle.com/wikimedia
>>>
>>> Ellie Young
>>> WMF Conference Coordinator
>>>
>>> On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:24 AM, Richard Symonds
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will endeavour to keep the list up to date :-)
>>>
>>> Richard Symonds
>>> Wikimedia UK
>>> 0207 065 0992
>>> Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
>>> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
>>> Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
>>> United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
>>> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
>>> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>>> Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
>>> over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Stuart Prior
Daniel,

The discount only applies for the duration of the conference and ends
after Sunday night.

Best

Stuart

On 12/06/2014 15:57, Daniel Schwen wrote:

> Hmm, I had already booked an additional night beyond the conference
> period (scholarship sponsored). I did not get the option to choose a
> conference rate online. Is the discount good for right after the
> conference?
>
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Richard Symonds
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks for keeping on top of this, Ellie!
>>
>> Richard Symonds
>> Wikimedia UK
>> 0207 065 0992
>>
>> Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
>> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
>> Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
>> United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
>> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
>> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>>
>> Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over
>> Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.
>>

>> On 12 June 2014 15:46, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Update on the hotel situation:
>>>
>>> Our headquarters hotel, the Thistle City Barbican Hotel, has released some
>>> more rooms so that there are now more Standard TWIN Rooms for the people who
>>> need them on nights of August 6 through 10.  There are, however, no twins
>>> available on August 5th.   There may be someavailable in the next week or
>>> two, so we have extended the deadline for registering with the hotel until
>>> the end of the month.  There will be additional hotels listed once we have
>>> filled the Thistle City Barbican.
>>>
>>> www.thistle.com/wikimedia
>>>
>>> Ellie Young
>>> WMF Conference Coordinator
>>>
>>> On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:24 AM, Richard Symonds
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will endeavour to keep the list up to date :-)
>>>
>>> Richard Symonds
>>> Wikimedia UK
>>> 0207 065 0992
>>> Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
>>> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
>>> Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
>>> United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
>>> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
>>> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>>> Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
>>> over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Stuart Prior ​    ​
Wikimania Liaison
Wikimedia UK
+44 20 7065 0990
Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Re: [Spam] Re: Thistle City Barbican fully booked?

Maarten Dammers
Ellie Young schreef op 12-6-2014 17:00:
> The conference rate on that hotel link is only good for 6 nights- Aug 5-10.
> So if you want to stay  for the night of August 11th you have to make your own arrangements.  I am not sure what the hotel is offering rate-wise.  You could always ask them to give you the rate?
I booked an extra night as a second reservation. The rate as a bit
higher. I contacted their reservation department and they merged it into
one reservation so I don't have to switch rooms.

Maarten