Three problems

Avocato
Hello all. I have three problems with my account (avocato):
1- My account's userpage doesn't exist anymore, although my index.htm file still in public_html folder. It was ok two months ago.
2- Although I've updated my pywikipedia folder, When I run most of my scripts, the following message appears:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "redirect.py", line 66, in <module>
    import wikipedia as pywikibot
  File "/home/avocato/pywikipedia/wikipedia.py", line 151, in <module>
    from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup, BeautifulStoneSoup, SoupStrainer
ImportError: Bad magic number in /home/avocato/pywikipedia/BeautifulSoup.pyc

What should I do exactly?!
3- When I updated my pywikipedia folder using svn update, I found the following:
Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.toolserver.org:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: *.toolserver.org
 - Valid: from Sun, 26 May 2013 09:34:24 GMT until Wed, 28 May 2014 17:08:01 GMT
 - Issuer: GeoTrust, Inc., US
 - Fingerprint: some numbers and letters I deleted
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?

I typed (p), What was that message?
Sorry if this message was too long.
--
User:Avocato--

Re: Three problems

Marlen Caemmerer-3
Hey,

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013, Avocato wrote:

> Hello all. I have three problems with my account (avocato):
> 1- My account's userpage <http://toolserver.org/~avocato> doesn't exist
> anymore, although my *index.htm* file still in *public_html* folder. It was
> ok two months ago.

Your user home dir was set to "chmod 700". This way the web server user cant cd into your home dir. Same for public_html.
The web server user cant change into this directory. I set your permissions to 711 - only cd is allowed, not ls.

> 2- Although I've updated my pywikipedia folder, When I run most of my
> scripts, the following message appears:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "redirect.py", line 66, in <module>
>    import wikipedia as pywikibot
>  File "/home/avocato/pywikipedia/wikipedia.py", line 151, in <module>
>    from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup, BeautifulStoneSoup,
> SoupStrainer
> ImportError: Bad magic number in /home/avocato/pywikipedia/BeautifulSoup.pyc
> What should I do exactly?!
Hm...Internet says it could be a problem with python versions. Probably you ran the scripts on Linux and on Solaris hosts?
This could cause the problem.
In this case it is suggested to just remove the .pyc files and rerun the script.

> 3- When I updated my pywikipedia folder using *svn update*, I found the
> following:
> Error validating server certificate for '<a href="https://svn.toolserver.org:443':">https://svn.toolserver.org:443':
> - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
>   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
> Certificate information:
> - Hostname: *.toolserver.org
> - Valid: from Sun, 26 May 2013 09:34:24 GMT until Wed, 28 May 2014
> 17:08:01 GMT
> - Issuer: GeoTrust, Inc., US
> - Fingerprint: *some numbers and letters I deleted*
> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?
> I typed (p), What was that message?
> Sorry if this message was too long.

Oh...fixed...

Cheers
  Marlen/nosy

Re: Three problems

Sumana Harihareswara-2
On 07/07/2013 10:06 PM, Avocato wrote:

> 2- Although I've updated my pywikipedia folder, When I run most of my
> scripts, the following message appears:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "redirect.py", line 66, in <module>
>     import wikipedia as pywikibot
>   File "/home/avocato/pywikipedia/wikipedia.py", line 151, in <module>
>     from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup, BeautifulStoneSoup,
> SoupStrainer
> ImportError: Bad magic number in /home/avocato/pywikipedia/BeautifulSoup.pyc
> What should I do exactly?!

I asked my spouse (the Beautiful Soup maintainer) and he said the
ImportError line tells him that
/home/avocato/pywikipedia/BeautifulSoup.pyc is corrupt and you should
delete the file.

Marlen said:
> In this case it is suggested to just remove the .pyc files and rerun the script.

That is correct.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager