Time to Seek Professional Lawyers Advice?

Time to Seek Professional Lawyers Advice?

Eugene Zelenko
Hi!

I have not good feelings about several recent discussions on Deletion
requests: trademarks and PD-Soviet. Discussions are more like politics
where more important is number of supporters, not arguments of sides.
And they are more like pack vs. pack fights, since supporters opinions
are defined by project where they are participating.

Professional lawyer advice could resolve such conflicts. So may be
it's good idea to seek such advice in such cases?

Eugene.

PS

{{PD-Polish}} could become next hot topic.

Re: Time to Seek Professional Lawyers Advice?

Fredrik Josefsson
> Hi!
>
> I have not good feelings about several recent
> discussions on Deletion
> requests: trademarks and PD-Soviet. Discussions are
> more like politics
> where more important is number of supporters, not
> arguments of sides.
> And they are more like pack vs. pack fights, since
> supporters opinions
> are defined by project where they are participating.
>
> Professional lawyer advice could resolve such
> conflicts. So may be
> it's good idea to seek such advice in such cases?
>
> Eugene.

Hello.

David Gerard forwarded this message of Eugene to the
foundation-l.  I waited to see if there would be a
definite answer from the Foundation, but little
happened. I had some chats with different people, and
I was told that in reality, the Foundation doesn't
involve itself on these matters. Commons admins are
more or less free to decide by their own what goes and
what stays. One reason for this is that there is a gap
between what is illegal and what is merely against the
policy of the Commons. This was surprising for me, but
I've learnt that I don't need to say "lets ask the
Foundation first" anymore.

/ Fred-Chess