Too big SQL query

Martin Domdey
Hi!

MariaDB [dewiki_p]> select page_id, cl_to
from page left join categorylinks on cl_from = page_id
where !page_namespace and !page_is_redirect
order by page_title;

Before the query has been done, I get a database close but I cannot filter the query more.

What can I do?

Greetings,
Martin

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet.

Re: Too big SQL query

Martin Domdey
Ah, before June 22nd the query has been done in less than 4 minutes [sic!]. Now it lasts more than 1 hour!
--
Am 28.06.2017, 09:41, Martin Domdey <[hidden email]> schrieb:
Hi!

MariaDB [dewiki_p]> select page_id, cl_to
from page left join categorylinks on cl_from = page_id
where !page_namespace and !page_is_redirect
order by page_title;

Before the query has been done, I get a database close but I cannot filter the query more.

What can I do?

Greetings,
Martin

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet. _______________________________________________ Mediawiki-api mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-api

Re: Too big SQL query

bawolff
This is the wrong mailing list, but it appears that there is something
wrong with the cl_from index on the dewiki.labsdb tool labs replicas.
For some reason this index is not being used.

However this issue is not present on the other replicas, even when
querying dewiki data.

For example, using enwiki.labsdb:

$ sql enwiki
MariaDB [enwiki_p]> select page_id, cl_to from dewiki_p.page left join
dewiki_p.categorylinks on cl_from = page_id where !page_namespace and
!page_is_redirect  LIMIT 30;

Works fine.

So this is definitely a bug in tool labs. You should report it to the
cloud services team so that they can fix it.

--
Brian