Tools for data mining (or knowledge extraction ) in Semantic Mediawiki

Tools for data mining (or knowledge extraction ) in Semantic Mediawiki

yaytra
I would like  to know if there is  a semantic mediawiki extension  for doing  data mining or knowledge extraction?

Re: Tools for data mining (or knowledge extraction ) in Semantic Mediawiki

planetenxin
Hi,

what I usally do is querying the Wiki through the API and feed the data
stream into an ETL-tool for further processing.

There are some other extensions. Take a look at older discussions on
this list.

/Alexander Gesinn

Am 19.02.2015 um 13:50 schrieb yaytra:
> I would like  to know if there is  a semantic mediawiki extension  for doing
> data mining or knowledge extraction?

semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com

Re: Tools for data mining (or knowledge extraction ) in Semantic Mediawiki

Ed Swing-2
I've done significant work in mining wikis through the API, and extracting information. It depends on what you're trying to do.

Are you trying to extract property values for a page? Do text analysis on the "loose" text? Parse values within a template?

what I usally do is querying the Wiki through the API and feed the data stream into an ETL-tool for further processing.

There are some other extensions. Take a look at older discussions on this list.

/Alexander Gesinn

Am 19.02.2015 um 13:50 schrieb yaytra:
> I would like  to know if there is  a semantic mediawiki extension  for
> doing data mining or knowledge extraction?

semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com

Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=190641631&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

thank your reply.
I want  to extract the frequent pattern in the  values within on field of  a template.

Re: Tools for data mining (or knowledge extraction ) in Semantic Mediawiki

Ed Swing-2
OK - the first thing you need to do is identify what pages actually contain the template. To do this, use the embeddedin list of the query api:

        Wikibase/api.php? action=query&list=embeddedin&eititle=Template:templateName

The response will contain a list of the pages containing the template (you can use limit=500, and/or eicontinue to get any pages beyond the first 500 pages). Then extract the content of the pages, and look for the template (search for the "{{templateName"). Search until you find the closing braces to get the template invocation. Depending on whether you use field names for your template or simply use the place in the template invocation, you can then look for the value that corresponds to your property.

I want  to extract the frequent pattern in the  values within on field of  a template.

Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=190641631&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Tools for data mining (or knowledge extraction ) in Semantic Mediawiki

Yaron Koren-2

It may or may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I'd recommend
checking out the Semantic Drilldown extension, if you haven't seen it
already:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Drilldown

-Yaron