Toolserver still down

Marlen Caemmerer-3
Hello,

LDAP does not start after update and although we removed the patches it still fails.
Due to this circumstance TS is still offline  and cannot be accessed via ssh either.
I am working on it.

Cheers
  Marlen/nosy

Re: Toolserver still down

Maarten Dammers
Hi Marlen,

Marlen Caemmerer schreef op 9-3-2014 8:31:
> Hello,
>
> LDAP does not start after update and although we removed the patches
> it still fails.
> Due to this circumstance TS is still offline  and cannot be accessed
> via ssh either.
> I am working on it.
Any news? Tools are still out, most noticeably to our readers the inline
maps on most big Wikipedias.  I know that is in use in at least the
English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch and probably a lot of other
Wikipedias.

Maarten

Re: Toolserver still down

Marlen Caemmerer-3

>> LDAP does not start after update and although we removed the patches
>> it still fails.
>> Due to this circumstance TS is still offline  and cannot be accessed
>> via ssh either.
> Any news? Tools are still out, most noticeably to our readers the inline
> maps on most big Wikipedias.  I know that is in use in at least the
> English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch and probably a lot of other
> Wikipedias.

I just managed to  make it work again. It was quite a fight but systems seem to come back.

Longer version: update broke half of the LDAP server which was not easy to find out - I tried a long time to fix the OS but finally installed a new LDAP on another host and I  gladly got a ldif out of the broken LDAP server which took some time, too.

Cheers
  Marlen/nosy