Toolserver wiki

MZMcBride-2
Hi.

Do we have plans for the Toolserver wiki (<https://wiki.toolserver.org/>)?
There's some very good content in/on the wiki that would be nice to move
to either wikitech.wikimedia.org or mediawiki.org, I think.

Has this been discussed anywhere? Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

MZMcBride

Re: Toolserver wiki

Silke Meyer
Hi MZMcBride and all,

as far as I know, TS wiki has not been discussed. Thanks for bringing it up!

I suppose keeping content means quite some triage. We don't need information specific to the toolserver on wikitech, but everybody should indeed migrate their tools' documentation from tswiki to wikitech.wikimedia.org as part of the migration process. A good place is under your userspace on wikitech.

MZMcBride, did you have other content in mind than singular tools' docs?

Cheers, Silke

2013/9/28 MZMcBride <[hidden email]>
Hi.

Do we have plans for the Toolserver wiki (<https://wiki.toolserver.org/>)?
There's some very good content in/on the wiki that would be nice to move
to either wikitech.wikimedia.org or mediawiki.org, I think.

Has this been discussed anywhere? Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

MZMcBride

Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: Toolserver wiki

MZMcBride-2
I suppose the hint wasn't clear enough. Please stop posting to this list
using HTML e-mail. The etiquette guidelines are in the footer of every
message of this list. Please read and follow them.

Silke Meyer wrote:
> MZMcBride, did you have other content in mind than singular tools' docs?

There's other content on the wiki that's not Toolserver-specific. It
should be moved. Can transwiki importing be set up between the two wikis?
Or some other process to make moving pages easier?

MZMcBride

Re: Toolserver wiki

K. Peachey-2
If need be, worse case, someone could probably it and setup a small labs instance for it (even if it was a static HTML dump).

Silke Meyer wrote:
> MZMcBride, did you have other content in mind than singular tools' docs?

There's other content on the wiki that's not Toolserver-specific. It
should be moved. Can transwiki importing be set up between the two wikis?
Or some other process to make moving pages easier?

MZMcBride

-- Sent from Gmail Mobile on my iPod.

Re: Toolserver wiki

Silke Meyer
Hi MZMcBride!

On 01.10.2013 01:05, MZMcBride wrote:
> I suppose the hint wasn't clear enough. Please stop posting to this list
> using HTML e-mail. The etiquette guidelines are in the footer of every
> message of this list. Please read and follow them.

Sorry, got it!

> Silke Meyer wrote:
>> MZMcBride, did you have other content in mind than singular tools' docs?
>
> There's other content on the wiki that's not Toolserver-specific. It
> should be moved. Can transwiki importing be set up between the two wikis?
> Or some other process to make moving pages easier?

I'll ask and get back to you here.
Cheers, Silke

--
Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: Toolserver wiki

Federico Leva (Nemo)
I don't see a conclusion to this thread, did the discussion move
elsewhere? Of course the whole wiki has to be archived.
There are only 323 content pages (an apt number, considering bug 323!)
and 1500 pages in total, so importing them all on a Toolserver:
pseudo-namespace on wikitech is trivial (possibly even Special:Import
may suffice); it can be made into an actual namespace by any shell user.
Ideally, however, this would be done by a shell user importing logs and
files too.

Nemo

Re: Toolserver wiki

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Patricia, there will surely be an occasion for you to help with the
cleanup when the wiki is imported into another: your offer won't be
forgotten.
I archived a dump; it's only 50 MB for full history, should be easy even
with Special:Import.
https://archive.org/details/wiki-wikitoolserverorg_w

Nemo