Tor and "X-Forwarded-For"

Tor and "X-Forwarded-For" – Hello sirs. I've been in communication with a user who feels that my block of his IP address is inappropriate. E-mail correspondence follows. -...
freakofnurture wrote: > ---- > On 3/22/06, Wwwwolf wrote: > > All right, so my guess is there's some Bloody Idiot in the neighbor...
So what should I tell the guy? --freakofnurture
freakofnurture wrote: > > Ilmari Karonen wrote: > >>This sounds quite plausible. I've encountered a similar situation with ...
So when someone is blocked because they are working through an open proxy, do we currently inform them of the admirable "XFF Project"...
Phil Boswell wrote: > Tim Starling wrote: > >>I recently documented Wikipedia's X-Forwarded-For setup, at: >> >>http...
This is where I manfully suppress my opinion of the mad rush to SUBSTitute every damn template on the wiki... Does anyone recall what the a...
The [[Template:Openproxy]] message that is placed on the IP's user_talk page is primarily for our own convenience, as it adds that IP to [[Categ...
freakofnurture wrote: > Phil Boswell wrote: >>Ilmari Karonen wrote: >>> >>>It might be useful to add a mention to t...
I suppose you're right about the mixup, but since the issue involves IPs that are indefinitely blocked, any relevant information could be added ...
freakofnurture wrote: > Ilmari Karonen wrote: > >>I think you've got your templates mixed up above. {{SharedIP}} is the >>...
Ilmari Karonen wrote: > > Actually, [[MediaWiki:Blockiptext]] is probably one place where this > also ought to be advertised. ......
Ilmari Karonen wrote: > Ilmari Karonen wrote: > >>Actually, [[MediaWiki:Blockiptext]] is probably one place where this >>a...
At 10:58 AM -0800 3/22/06, freakofnurture wrote: > Meanwhile, maybe I need to edit from the university =( You may be able to edit _through_...
If you can describe how to do this or provide a link to explain it, I can forward your message to Mr. Wwwwolf who made the complaint. --fre...
On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 10:58:30AM -0800, freakofnurture wrote: > So, I'm wondering whether this is a shaggy dog story, or blatant trolling, ...
a) I am assuming that mr. wwwwolf is in fact a legitimate user of the ISP that he describes. b) I am assuming this is his only ISP, i.e., he ...
On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:24:13PM -0800, freakofnurture wrote: > Jay R. Ashworth wrote: > > Well, for what my opinion is worth (I'm no...
Generally we block open proxies using the template {{openproxy}} in the block summary. This expands into a more thorough message when they read ...
On 3/22/06, freakofnurture <freakofnurture@...> wrote: > On 3/22/06, freakofnurture wrote: > > If what you said was true, I woul...
Yes, though I did not specifically seek to block that IP. I made several sandbox edits of the form "Tor proxy ~~~~", then exited from ...