Towards end-user programming with wikis (paper)

Towards end-user programming with wikis (paper)

Dirk Riehle-2
Title: Towards End-User Programming with Wikis

Authors: Craig Anslow, Dirk Riehle

Abstract: When business software fails to provide the desired
functionality, users typically turn to spreadsheets to perform simple
but general computational tasks. However, spreadsheets enforce a view of
the world that consists mostly of tables and numbers rather than the
domain concepts users have in mind. We are using wikis as a platform for
empowering end-users to perform computational tasks of their choice.
This paper discusses how core properties of wikis can support end-user
programming. We illustrate our approach using wiki prototype software
for working with business objects as made available by SAP’s business
application suite.

Reference: In Proceedings of the Fourth Workshop in End-User Software
Engineering (WEUSE IV). IEEE Press, 2008, to appear.

Available at:
http://www.riehle.org/2008/02/24/towards-end-user-programming-with-wikis/

--
Phone: + 1 (650) 215 3459