Quantcast

Traditional costume party during Wikimania

Traditional costume party during Wikimania

Subhashish Panigrahi
Hello everyone,

Is there any traditional/ethnic costume party or that kind of gathering that is being planned already or people might be interested to join for? It would be fun to showcase the diversity of the Wikimedia community?

To add some fun Wikimedian A can write/print the name of their costume (preferably English Wikipedia entry) about the costume they would come wearing, and find a buddy (B) who speaks a different language than theirs. B can then create an entry on Wikipedia/Wikidata or expand the entry if already existing, or even record how it is pronounced.

People can also gift their buddies small keepsakes.

This is still an idea_in_brewing_state. Would love to hear more thoughts.

Subhashish

Re: Traditional costume party during Wikimania

Sebastian Wallroth
Hi Subhashish,

I'll be there with my Bavarian Lederhose!

Regards from Germany,
Sebastian

Am 06.05.2017 um 22:59 schrieb Subhashish Panigrahi:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Is there any traditional/ethnic costume party or that kind of gathering
> that is being planned already or people might be interested to join for?
> It would be fun to showcase the diversity of the Wikimedia community?
>
> To add some fun Wikimedian A can write/print the name of their costume
> (preferably English Wikipedia entry) about the costume they would come
> wearing, and find a buddy (B) who speaks a different language than
> theirs. B can then create an entry on Wikipedia/Wikidata or expand the
> entry if already existing, or even record how it is pronounced.
>
> People can also gift their buddies small keepsakes.
>
> This is still an idea_in_brewing_state. Would love to hear more thoughts.
>
> Subhashish

Sebastian Wallroth
Mobil 0176-15154002
https://about.me/real68er
PGP Key: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Sebastian_Wallroth/PGP

Re: Traditional costume party during Wikimania

Subhashish Panigrahi
Yay! Mine will be a surprise. :)

Subhashish