[Train] Risky change template

Tyler Cipriani
Hi all!

A pattern of adding a note on the train-blocker phab task[0] for risky
changes has recently emerged.

Folks on RelEng have found this information useful, and we would like
to codify this, encouraging developers to continue this pattern. We've
added a page to Wikitech, with a template to use for these kinds of
changes[1].

If you're worried about the production impact of a patch you've
written and would like to ensure that folks who will be deploying it
are aware, please use our fancy new template and reply on the train
blocker task.

Thanks!
-- Tyler

[0]: <https://train-blockers.toolforge.org/> (<3 this tool)
[1]: <https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/Risky_change_template>

Re: [Train] Risky change template

Will Doran
This is awesome, thank you for building it!

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 4:39 PM Tyler Cipriani <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> A pattern of adding a note on the train-blocker phab task[0] for risky
> changes has recently emerged.
>
> Folks on RelEng have found this information useful, and we would like
> to codify this, encouraging developers to continue this pattern. We've
> added a page to Wikitech, with a template to use for these kinds of
> changes[1].
>
> If you're worried about the production impact of a patch you've
> written and would like to ensure that folks who will be deploying it
> are aware, please use our fancy new template and reply on the train
> blocker task.
>
> Thanks!
> -- Tyler
>
> [0]: <https://train-blockers.toolforge.org/> (<3 this tool)