Translation

Frédéric Schütz
Am I correct in thinking that "ff." in

> ein Verein gemäss Artikel 60 ff. des Schweizerischen Zivilgesetzbuches.

means "and following" ?

Frederic

Re: Translation

Nando Stöcklin-2

Am 16.03.06 schrieb Frederic Schutz <[hidden email]>:
Am I correct in thinking that "ff." in

> ein Verein gemäss Artikel 60 ff. des Schweizerischen Zivilgesetzbuches.

means "and following" ?

Yes, this is correct.

Nando

Re: Translation

Frédéric Schütz
Nando Stöcklin wrote:

>     Am I correct in thinking that "ff." in
>
>      > ein Verein gemäss Artikel 60 ff. des Schweizerischen
>     Zivilgesetzbuches.
>
>     means "and following" ?
>

> Yes, this is correct.

Ok, it was missing in the English version, corrected.

BTW, what does "ff." stand for in German ?

Frédéric

Re: Translation

Michael Bimmler
On 3/16/06, Frederic Schutz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nando Stöcklin wrote:
>
> >     Am I correct in thinking that "ff." in
> >
> >      > ein Verein gemäss Artikel 60 ff. des Schweizerischen
> >     Zivilgesetzbuches.
> >
> >     means "and following" ?
> >

> > Yes, this is correct.
>
> Ok, it was missing in the English version, corrected.
>
> BTW, what does "ff." stand for in German ?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ff  says
"Folios following (folgende Seiten)" = following pages/pages suivantes
> Frédéric
Michael

Regards
Michael Bimmler

Re: Translation

Frédéric Schütz
More questions for the French translation:

> Art. 4.3 Active members have active and passive voting rights as well
> as the right to speak, file a motion and vote on motions in the
> general assemblies.

What is the difference between "active" and "passive" voting right ? If
only active members have them, should they be simply "voting rights" ?

Frederic

Re: Translation

Jürg Wolf
Hi Frederic

* active voting right = right to get a job within the corporation / association

* passive voting right = right to vote for someone

Even the swiss constitution and the cantonal constitutions make differences
between these two rights.

Jürg

--
Zitat von Frederic Schutz <[hidden email]>:

> More questions for the French translation:
>
> > Art. 4.3 Active members have active and passive voting rights as well
> > as the right to speak, file a motion and vote on motions in the
> > general assemblies.
>
> What is the difference between "active" and "passive" voting right ? If
> only active members have them, should they be simply "voting rights" ?
>
> Frederic

Re: Translation

Arne Klempert-2
On 3/17/06, Jürg Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> * active voting right = right to get a job within the corporation / association
>
> * passive voting right = right to vote for someone

It's the other way around (at least in Germany):

* active voting right -> you can vote
* passive voting right -> you can be voted

-- Arne (akl)

Re: Translation

Jürg Studer
Zur Klärung Zitate aus der Site des Schweizer Parlamentes

Aktives Wahlrecht
Man kann jemanden wählen. Wer in der Schweiz das Wahlrecht besitzt, hat sowohl das aktive als auch das passive Wahlrecht

Passives Wahlrecht
Man kann selbst gewählt werden.

Jürg Wolf wrote:

> * active voting right = right to get a job within the corporation / association
> * passive voting right = right to vote for someone
>
> Even the swiss constitution and the cantonal constitutions make differences
> between these two rights.

Interesting... I did not know about these terms. There is nothing like
that in French, at least not litteraly: we say "droit de vote" (right to
vote) and "éligibilité" (the fact that someone can be elected).

To follow up on Jürg's links:

http://www.parlament.ch/f/homepage/sv-services-dummy/sv-ww-a-z/sv-ww-v.htm#sv-ww-v-Vote-droit-Anchor
http://www.parlament.ch/f/homepage/sv-services-dummy/sv-ww-a-z/sv-ww-e.htm#sv-ww-e-Eligibilit%E9-Anchor

I'll translate accordingly.

It looks to me like these terms are not that common in English either
(which does not mean that they are incorrect, of course) -- in any case,
the English Wikipedia does not know about them.

By the way, could a sysop add the template {{bylaws}} at the top of the
German bylaws ? It is very convenient when one is switching from one
version to the other while translating (thanks to Delphine 'Notafish'
for creating it).

Cheers,

Frederic

Re: Translation

Ilario Valdelli
These are technical words.

Strange also to me, but they are correct.

Regards

Ilario

Frederic Schutz wrote:

>Jürg Wolf wrote:
>

>>* active voting right = right to get a job within the corporation / association
>>* passive voting right = right to vote for someone
>>
>>Even the swiss constitution and the cantonal constitutions make differences
>>between these two rights.

Re: Translation

Michael Bimmler
On 3/17/06, Frederic Schutz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jürg Wolf wrote:
>
> > * active voting right = right to get a job within the corporation / association
> > * passive voting right = right to vote for someone
> >
> > Even the swiss constitution and the cantonal constitutions make differences
> > between these two rights.
>
> Interesting... I did not know about these terms. There is nothing like
> that in French, at least not litteraly: we say "droit de vote" (right to
> vote) and "éligibilité" (the fact that someone can be elected).
>
> To follow up on Jürg's links:
>
> http://www.parlament.ch/f/homepage/sv-services-dummy/sv-ww-a-z/sv-ww-v.htm#sv-ww-v-Vote-droit-Anchor
> http://www.parlament.ch/f/homepage/sv-services-dummy/sv-ww-a-z/sv-ww-e.htm#sv-ww-e-Eligibilit%E9-Anchor
>
> I'll translate accordingly.
>
> It looks to me like these terms are not that common in English either
> (which does not mean that they are incorrect, of course) -- in any case,
> the English Wikipedia does not know about them.
>
> By the way, could a sysop add the template {{bylaws}} at the top of the
> German bylaws ? It is very convenient when one is switching from one
> version to the other while translating (thanks to Delphine 'Notafish'
> for creating it).

Done.
Michael
> Cheers,
>
> Frederic

Regards
Michael Bimmler

Re: Translation

rupert THURNER-2
the "understandable terms exist in german and english too :)
* stimmrecht, und wählbar
* right to vote (or suffrage), and eligible

rupert.

On 3/17/06, Frederic Schutz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jürg Wolf wrote:
>
> > * active voting right = right to get a job within the corporation / association
> > * passive voting right = right to vote for someone
> >
> > Even the swiss constitution and the cantonal constitutions make differences
> > between these two rights.
>
> Interesting... I did not know about these terms. There is nothing like
> that in French, at least not litteraly: we say "droit de vote" (right to
> vote) and "éligibilité" (the fact that someone can be elected).
>
> To follow up on Jürg's links:
>
> http://www.parlament.ch/f/homepage/sv-services-dummy/sv-ww-a-z/sv-ww-v.htm#sv-ww-v-Vote-droit-Anchor
> http://www.parlament.ch/f/homepage/sv-services-dummy/sv-ww-a-z/sv-ww-e.htm#sv-ww-e-Eligibilit%E9-Anchor
>
> I'll translate accordingly.
>
> It looks to me like these terms are not that common in English either
> (which does not mean that they are incorrect, of course) -- in any case,
> the English Wikipedia does not know about them.
>
> By the way, could a sysop add the template {{bylaws}} at the top of the
> German bylaws ? It is very convenient when one is switching from one
> version to the other while translating (thanks to Delphine 'Notafish'
> for creating it).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Frederic

Re: Translation