Translations needed for Community Wishlist Survey invitation

Translations needed for Community Wishlist Survey invitation

MusikAnimal-2
Hello friends! Community Tech wants to post an invitation to participate in the survey[1] to various Village Pumps, community portals, etc., across a wide number of wikis. The proposal phase ends on 11 November so we're hoping to send this out soon. Translations are especially important this year because our focus is to help the smaller communities.

If you have the time, any help translating the invitation would be greatly appreciated! Please see https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Wishlist_Survey_2020/Invitation

Thank you!

~ MusikAnimal

Re: Translations needed for Community Wishlist Survey invitation

MusikAnimal-2
Of course, help with translating the survey page itself would also be appreciated![1] The important parts that we need help translating include:

* The preloaded text when creating a proposal https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Wishlist_Survey/Preload

Many of the other messages are tucked away at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Community_Wishlist_Survey/Messages. The reason they are stored in templates, by the way, is so that they can be reused every year. Sorry if this system is confusing to anyone!

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 4:26 PM MusikAnimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello friends! Community Tech wants to post an invitation to participate in the survey[1] to various Village Pumps, community portals, etc., across a wide number of wikis. The proposal phase ends on 11 November so we're hoping to send this out soon. Translations are especially important this year because our focus is to help the smaller communities.

If you have the time, any help translating the invitation would be greatly appreciated! Please see https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Wishlist_Survey_2020/Invitation

Thank you!

~ MusikAnimal

Re: Translations needed for Community Wishlist Survey

Pols12
I’ve updated the aggregated group to easier translate all Survey-related
messages:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Translate?group=agg-Community_Wishlist_Survey&filter=%21translated&action=translate

Hoping it’s useful.

— Pols12

Le 24/10/2019 à 22:43, MusikAnimal a écrit :
> Many of the other messages are tucked away at
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Community_Wishlist_Survey/Messages.
> The reason they are stored in templates, by the way, is so that they
> can be reused every year. Sorry if this system is confusing to anyone!

Re: Translations needed for Community Wishlist Survey

MusikAnimal-2
This is amazing! Thank you :) I would love to know how you did this... is there documentation somewhere?

Note however there are a lot of old messages listed there that aren't being used anymore, and I see some duplicates. It looks like this list is the messages from all years aggregated together. The only messages (or message groups) that matter today should be in <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Community_Wishlist_Survey/Messages>, along with the one-time messages in the Community Wishlist Survey 2020 group[1] and the invitation[2]. Of course it's great to translate the older surveys too, I just wanted to make it clear which ones are relevant this year.

Many thanks!

~ MusikAnimal

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:25 AM Pols12 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve updated the aggregated group to easier translate all Survey-related
messages:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Translate?group=agg-Community_Wishlist_Survey&filter=%21translated&action=translate

Hoping it’s useful.

— Pols12

Le 24/10/2019 à 22:43, MusikAnimal a écrit :
> Many of the other messages are tucked away at
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Community_Wishlist_Survey/Messages.
> The reason they are stored in templates, by the way, is so that they
> can be reused every year. Sorry if this system is confusing to anyone!

Re: Translations needed for Community Wishlist Survey

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Hey MusikAnimal
The aggregated group can be updated at this (massive) page (which IIRC reloads after every edit)
New aggregate groups can be created with the link at the bottom of that page.
(I can never remember the name of that page. But I can always find it at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:SpecialPages :)

Cheers,
Quiddity

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:54 AM MusikAnimal <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is amazing! Thank you :) I would love to know how you did this... is there documentation somewhere?

Note however there are a lot of old messages listed there that aren't being used anymore, and I see some duplicates. It looks like this list is the messages from all years aggregated together. The only messages (or message groups) that matter today should be in <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Community_Wishlist_Survey/Messages>, along with the one-time messages in the Community Wishlist Survey 2020 group[1] and the invitation[2]. Of course it's great to translate the older surveys too, I just wanted to make it clear which ones are relevant this year.

Many thanks!

~ MusikAnimal

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:25 AM Pols12 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve updated the aggregated group to easier translate all Survey-related
messages:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Translate?group=agg-Community_Wishlist_Survey&filter=%21translated&action=translate

Hoping it’s useful.

— Pols12

Le 24/10/2019 à 22:43, MusikAnimal a écrit :
> Many of the other messages are tucked away at
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Community_Wishlist_Survey/Messages.
> The reason they are stored in templates, by the way, is so that they
> can be reused every year. Sorry if this system is confusing to anyone!

Nick "Quiddity" Wilson (he/him)
Community Engagement - Documentation

Re: Translations needed for Community Wishlist Survey

MusikAnimal-2
> The aggregated group can be updated at this (massive) page (which IIRC reloads after every edit) https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:AggregateGroups

Beautiful! This is very good to know.

Looks like <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Community%20Wishlist%20Survey/Top> was in there (which I didn't even know existed), and that was causing a lot of 2015 messages to show up. The other messages I didn't recognize were from <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Wishlist_Survey/Description> which was only recently marked for translation, and this is more than fine.

So, I think the Community Wishlist Survey aggregate group is now accurate. Many thanks to Pols12 for putting it together! I'll be sure to keep it updated.

~ MusikAnimal