Trying to edit wikipedia on request Result: Strange arbcom ruling on nl.wikipedia, 1 month blocked

Trying to edit wikipedia on request Result: Strange arbcom ruling on nl.wikipedia, 1 month blocked

Walter van Kalken
After months of people asking me on IRC, in mail on my Talkpage etc.  if
I would please please please contribute again to nl.wikipedia I decided
to give it a try and started redoing some Thai provinces. Since I had
stopped editting last year no-one had any interest in those articles.
The only edits besides mine are "pimp my article edits" like cats and
replacing the texts without any information adding! On average 50 edits
like this per article! And no knowledge added!

Within 2 hours I was mobbed by 3 users, with whom I have had conflicts
previously and who stalk me on talkpages, who feel that the appearance
of an article is more important than what is in it. I have a number of
fans on nl.wikipedia who take turns in following me everywhere, or do
groupattacks. This is why I decided to stop contributing knowledge in
october last year as it was of no use. These people are in no way
interested in the subjects I write about, but are more interested in
attacking and harassing me and stopping me from contributing. Sadly
enough I can only edit if I edit under another name. I have been
requested multiple times by users on IRC to start editing under another
wikinick. It is said that this has to be.

The conflict resulted in a block which saw one of those 3 blocked for 1
hour and me for 3 days. This was later adjusted to me for 6 hours which
was doubled again when I editted through TOR to protest the double
standards.

After this I was and still am so sickened by the way wikipedia and ALL
wikimedia projects have become that I decided to stop editting on April
10th.

Today I got an email from someone telling me I am now blocked for a
month! It seemed that while I was away a procedure against me was started.

I was not heard on anything, nor was I asked to give my view of anything
that had happened! If you try someone someone gets a chance to defend
themselves don't they?

And now comes worst.

I was "sentenced" to a monthlong block for editting through proxies. But
no one told me I was sentenced! Someone who disagreed with the block
mailed me. 2 weeks after THE BLOCK.

This is a really odd procedure.

You trial someone without giving him a DEFENCE
and you sentence him
but don't tell him of the sentence!

Waerth

Re: Trying to edit wikipedia on request Result: Strange arbcom ruling on nl.wikipedia, 1 month blocked

jeroenvrp-2
Hello Waerth and all other readers,

I will clarify some misinformation Waerth is giving you about the Dutch
language Wikipedia ArbCom. I will not give any further details about the case
and I am not going to discuss the outcome of the case either.

Op maandag 7 mei 2007, schreef Walter van Kalken:
> Today I got an email from someone telling me I am now blocked for a
> month! It seemed that while I was away a procedure against me was started.

This has been posted on your talk page by the user Effeietsanders and by the
ArbCom-member Berendvd.

> I was not heard on anything, nor was I asked to give my view of anything
> that had happened! If you try someone someone gets a chance to defend
> themselves don't they?

This is incorrect. We have sent you an e-mail to your Yahoo addres on April 22
with a request to talk about the issue. Unfortunately there was no response.
The decision about the case was on April 27.

> I was "sentenced" to a monthlong block for editting through proxies. But
> no one told me I was sentenced! Someone who disagreed with the block
> mailed me. 2 weeks after THE BLOCK.

The decision was indeed not given on your talkpage. It is the official
procedure also to post on the talk pages of the users involved in the
conflict, this was forgotten, not also on your page, but also on the talk
pages from the other users involved. Fortunately the decision was posted on
the page
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitragecommissie/Zaken/Waerth_vs_Erik_Baas ,
that was given to you on tour talk page earlier.

Apologies for the fact that we forgot to mention the decision on your talk
page.

--
jeroenvrp
medewerker, moderator en arbcom-lid nl.wikipedia.org

Re: Trying to edit wikipedia on request Result: Strange arbcom ruling on nl.wikipedia, 1 month blocked

Walter van Kalken

>This is incorrect. We have sent you an e-mail to your Yahoo addres on April 22
>with a request to talk about the issue. Unfortunately there was no response.
>The decision about the case was on April 27.

I haven't used my Yahoo address in over 1 year. I have been using this
address as my only address for a long time now. We even had
emailexchange through this address.

Waerth

Re: Trying to edit wikipedia on request Result: Strange arbcom ruling on nl.wikipedia, 1 month blocked

Andre Engels
2007/5/7, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]>:

> I haven't used my Yahoo address in over 1 year. I have been using this
> address as my only address for a long time now. We even had
> emailexchange through this address.

Well, that was not Jeroen's fault, but mine - I sent that message. And
what I did, was getting the email address from Google, by specifying
Waerth. It gave only one address, so that's the address I sent it to.
Yes, it was a mistake, and I apologize for that, but it was an honest
mistake, not anything out of ill will.

--
Andre Engels, [hidden email]
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels

Re: Trying to edit wikipedia on request Result: Strange arbcom ruling on nl.wikipedia, 1 month blocked

Ray Saintonge
Andre Engels wrote:

>2007/5/7, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]>:
>

>>I haven't used my Yahoo address in over 1 year. I have been using this
>>address as my only address for a long time now. We even had
>>emailexchange through this address.
>>

>Well, that was not Jeroen's fault, but mine - I sent that message. And
>what I did, was getting the email address from Google, by specifying
>Waerth. It gave only one address, so that's the address I sent it to.
>Yes, it was a mistake, and I apologize for that, but it was an honest
>mistake, not anything out of ill will.

Under the circumstances it seems that the equitable resolution would be
to cancel the decision and re-open the arbitration so that Walter can
plead his case.

Ec