Turin candidate of Wikimania 2007

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Turin candidate of Wikimania 2007

Ilario Valdelli
The town of Turin has presented the official candidature for Wikimania
2007 (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2007/Torino) and
Wikimedia CH has offered the official support for this event.

Wikimedia CH is so young to have an own candidature, but this could be
an opportunity to have Wikimania close to Swiss and to improve the
capability of Wikimedia CH for a following possible candidature.

Ilario^_^
President of Wikimedia CH
_______________________________________________
www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
Wikimediach-l mailing list
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Turin candidate of Wikimania 2007

Patrick Kenel
OK, I hope they're going to be successful. Buona fortuna, Torino!
Patrick


>From: Ilario Valdelli <[hidden email]>
>Reply-To: Mailing list for Wikimedia CH <[hidden email]>
>To: Mailing list for Wikimedia Swizerland <[hidden email]>
>Subject: [Wikimediach-l] Turin candidate of Wikimania 2007
>Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:33:00 +0200
>
>The town of Turin has presented the official candidature for Wikimania
>2007 (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2007/Torino) and
>Wikimedia CH has offered the official support for this event.
>
>Wikimedia CH is so young to have an own candidature, but this could be
>an opportunity to have Wikimania close to Swiss and to improve the
>capability of Wikimedia CH for a following possible candidature.
>
>Ilario^_^
>President of Wikimedia CH
>_______________________________________________
>www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
>Wikimediach-l mailing list
>http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l


_______________________________________________
www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
Wikimediach-l mailing list
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Turin candidate of Wikimania 2007

Manuel Schneider-3
> OK, I hope they're going to be successful. Buona fortuna, Torino!
mee too, but let me ask some questions:

> >Wikimedia CH is so young to have an own candidature, but this could be
> >an opportunity to have Wikimania close to Swiss and to improve the
> >capability of Wikimedia CH for a following possible candidature.
right.

So what we should gonna do?

Task Wikimedia CH could do:
- look for speakers
- look for sponsors
- provide staff
- provide press coverage

To start off and help Wikimedia IT with the application we should perhaps meet
with the people from Torino and talk to them and help them gathering
information and putting up a good application.

Ilario, would you please take the responsibility to be the contact person
between Wikimedia CH and Wikimedia IT?
We perhaps should also put up a mailinglist for the "wikimania2007-task-force"
and maybe get access to a wiki of Wikimedia IT to be able to work directly on
the project with them.


Greets from Nuernberg, I just visited the local Wikipedians Meeting which all
went to Munich to visit the Wikipedians Meeting at Munich which took place at
the same time.

--
Regards
Manuel Schneider

Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
www.wikimedia.ch
_______________________________________________
www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
Wikimediach-l mailing list
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Turin candidate of Wikimania 2007

Ilario Valdelli
For Wikimania 2007 at start you could sign your name in related page.

If Turin is choosed we could organize a task force.

I am organizing a meeting of Wikipedians in Lugano in november where
we could decide how Wikimedia CH could help Wikimania 2007 in Turin.

I will send you the program in detail.

I am looking to have flights with big discount from Zurich, Bern and Geneve.

Ilario

On 9/10/06, Manuel Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > OK, I hope they're going to be successful. Buona fortuna, Torino!
> mee too, but let me ask some questions:
>
> > >Wikimedia CH is so young to have an own candidature, but this could be
> > >an opportunity to have Wikimania close to Swiss and to improve the
> > >capability of Wikimedia CH for a following possible candidature.
> right.
>
> So what we should gonna do?
>
> Task Wikimedia CH could do:
> - look for speakers
> - look for sponsors
> - provide staff
> - provide press coverage
>
> To start off and help Wikimedia IT with the application we should perhaps meet
> with the people from Torino and talk to them and help them gathering
> information and putting up a good application.
>
> Ilario, would you please take the responsibility to be the contact person
> between Wikimedia CH and Wikimedia IT?
> We perhaps should also put up a mailinglist for the "wikimania2007-task-force"
> and maybe get access to a wiki of Wikimedia IT to be able to work directly on
> the project with them.
>
>
> Greets from Nuernberg, I just visited the local Wikipedians Meeting which all
> went to Munich to visit the Wikipedians Meeting at Munich which took place at
> the same time.
>
> --
> Regards
> Manuel Schneider
>
> Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
> www.wikimedia.ch
> _______________________________________________
> www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
> Wikimediach-l mailing list
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
>
_______________________________________________
www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
Wikimediach-l mailing list
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l