US chapter discussions today/tomorrow

metasj
The board panel today is ending at 12:30.

Today at lunch : a general "future of Wikimedia" discussion is planned
for Pound 200; starting at 1:00.

We will have a short 15-min Wikimedia-US discussion at 12:35 in Pound
201; if you care to join, please GET LUNCH EARLY -- leave the board
panel on time -- come to 201; then we will join the rest of the
wikimedia discussion afterwards.

Tomorrow morning around 10:00 (time to be confirmed) we will have a
longer WM-US discussion for those who are still around (and also on
IRC).

Cheers,
  SJ

> Tomorrow noon time would be fine with me.
>
> Alex T Roshuk
>

> Sent from my BlackBerry(r) wireless handheld

Re: US chapter discussions today/tomorrow

gburling
> The board panel today is ending at 12:30.
>
> Today at lunch : a general "future of Wikimedia" discussion is planned
> for Pound 200; starting at 1:00.
>
> We will have a short 15-min Wikimedia-US discussion at 12:35 in Pound
> 201; if you care to join, please GET LUNCH EARLY -- leave the board
> panel on time -- come to 201; then we will join the rest of the
> wikimedia discussion afterwards.
>
> Tomorrow morning around 10:00 (time to be confirmed) we will have a
> longer WM-US discussion for those who are still around (and also on
> IRC).

So, for those of us who either found out about these meetings too late
to attend -- or were unable to attend -- is there a transcript or
summary of what was discussed?

Geoff (aka
llywrch)

Re: US chapter discussions today/tomorrow

Austin Hair
Nothing came of the U.S. chapter discussion except more interest in
the idea; hopefully some of those people have since subscribed to this
list.  The meetings with existing chapters, however, were extremely
productive; it's looking very good for getting everything sorted out
soon enough for useful discussion of an American chapter.

Austin

Re: US chapter discussions today/tomorrow

Tim McCormack
Yep, there were a couple more list subscriptions recently.

I am liking the idea of regional chapters more and more -- if that becomes the focus, we might have to change the list name to "Wikimedia U.S. Chapters".

 - Tim McCormack
[[User:Phyzome]]