Understanding Wikidata's Usage and Value

Understanding Wikidata's Usage and Value

Andrew Hall
Hello all,

My name is Andrew Hall and I’m going to be working with Aaron Halfaker over the coming months on a project looking to understand how Wikidata is used in wikis such as Wikipedia and the value that Wikidata provides them. We would also like to investigate Wikidata's use in other applications (e.g. Google Knowledge Graph). For more information on the project, check out the research proposal that we have created [1]. Definitely feel free to reach out to me with any questions or suggestions as well.

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Understanding_Wikidata%27s_Value <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Understanding_Wikidata's_Value>

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Understanding Wikidata's Usage and Value

Leila Zia
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for this note, and glad to learn more about your collaboration with
Aaron. :)

The following research may be of relevance to yours:
https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Understanding_Wikidata_Queries .

Looking forward to learn more from your research.

Best,
Leila

On Apr 28, 2017 14:47, "Andrew Hall" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My name is Andrew Hall and I’m going to be working with Aaron Halfaker
> over the coming months on a project looking to understand how Wikidata is
> used in wikis such as Wikipedia and the value that Wikidata provides them.
> We would also like to investigate Wikidata's use in other applications
> (e.g. Google Knowledge Graph). For more information on the project, check
> out the research proposal that we have created [1]. Definitely feel free to
> reach out to me with any questions or suggestions as well.
>

> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Understanding_
> Wikidata%27s_Value <https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Research:Understanding_Wikidata's_Value>
>

> Thanks,
> Andrew

Re: Understanding Wikidata's Usage and Value

Andrew Hall
Hi Leila,

You’re welcome. Thanks for the pointer. I appreciate it :)

Andrew

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 4:58 PM, Leila Zia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thanks for this note, and glad to learn more about your collaboration with
> Aaron. :)
>
> The following research may be of relevance to yours:
> https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Understanding_Wikidata_Queries .
>
> Looking forward to learn more from your research.
>
> Best,
> Leila
>
> On Apr 28, 2017 14:47, "Andrew Hall" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> My name is Andrew Hall and I’m going to be working with Aaron Halfaker
>> over the coming months on a project looking to understand how Wikidata is
>> used in wikis such as Wikipedia and the value that Wikidata provides them.
>> We would also like to investigate Wikidata's use in other applications
>> (e.g. Google Knowledge Graph). For more information on the project, check
>> out the research proposal that we have created [1]. Definitely feel free to
>> reach out to me with any questions or suggestions as well.
>>

>> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Understanding_
>> Wikidata%27s_Value <https://meta.wikimedia.org/
>> wiki/Research:Understanding_Wikidata's_Value>
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Andrew

Re: Understanding Wikidata's Usage and Value

Andy Mabbett-2
On 28 April 2017 at 22:46, Andrew Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We would also like to investigate Wikidata's use in other applications

Some good examples of sites that use Wikidata IDs are listed at:

   https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Wikidata_for_authority_control

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing