'Unique Devices' Data Visualizations Available

'Unique Devices' Data Visualizations Available

Nuria Ruiz
Hello!

The analytics team would like to announce that we have a new visualization
for Unique Devices data. As you know Unique Devices [1] is our best proxy
to calculate Unique Users. We would like to reiterate that the data is
available in a public API that anyone can access [2]. We calculate Uniques
daily and monthly.

See, for example, "Daily Unique Devices" for Spanish Wikipedia versus
French wikipedia:
https://vital-signs.wmflabs.org/#projects=frwiki,eswiki/metrics=UniqueDevices

FYI that dashboard would not work on IE, only on Edge.

Thanks,

Nuria

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Unique_Devices
[2] https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Unique_Devices

Re: 'Unique Devices' Data Visualizations Available

Sam Smith
Thanks to all involved!

-Sam

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 8:51 PM, Nuria Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>

> The analytics team would like to announce that we have a new visualization
> for Unique Devices data. As you know Unique Devices [1] is our best proxy
> to calculate Unique Users. We would like to reiterate that the data is
> available in a public API that anyone can access [2]. We calculate Uniques
> daily and monthly.
>

> See, for example, "Daily Unique Devices" for Spanish Wikipedia versus
> French wikipedia:
>
> https://vital-signs.wmflabs.org/#projects=frwiki,eswiki/metrics=UniqueDevices
>
> FYI that dashboard would not work on IE, only on Edge.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nuria
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Unique_Devices
> [2] https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Unique_Devices

Re: [Analytics] 'Unique Devices' Data Visualizations Available

Dario Taraborelli-3
neat, well done people

> On May 24, 2016, at 9:51 PM, Nuria Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello!
>

> The analytics team would like to announce that we have a new visualization for Unique Devices data. As you know Unique Devices [1] is our best proxy to calculate Unique Users. We would like to reiterate that the data is available in a public API that anyone can access [2]. We calculate Uniques daily and monthly.
>

> See, for example, "Daily Unique Devices" for Spanish Wikipedia versus French wikipedia:
> https://vital-signs.wmflabs.org/#projects=frwiki,eswiki/metrics=UniqueDevices <https://vital-signs.wmflabs.org/#projects=frwiki,eswiki/metrics=UniqueDevices>
>
> FYI that dashboard would not work on IE, only on Edge.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nuria
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Unique_Devices <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Unique_Devices>
> [2] https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Unique_Devices <https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Unique_Devices>

Dario Taraborelli  Head of Research, Wikimedia Foundation
wikimediafoundation.org <http://wikimediafoundation.org/> • nitens.org <http://nitens.org/> • @readermeter <http://twitter.com/readermeter>