UniversalSubtitles support

Jean-Frédéric
Hi list,

We used to have UniversalSubtitles [1] support on Wikimedia Commons (and it was awesome)

Since the removal/deprecation/painful death of mwEmbed/multimedia beta [2] this is gone.

Any chance we might have that back? If so, how? Who must be harrassed to that end?

Thanks for your help,

(Not sure which list to send that − wikitech-l, wikivideo-l ? Feel free to forward around)
[2] The help page about it was even deleted last month…

--
Jean-Frédéric

Re: UniversalSubtitles support

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Jean-Frédéric, 21/04/2013 01:23:

> We used to have UniversalSubtitles [1] support on Wikimedia Commons (and
> it was awesome)
>
> Since the removal/deprecation/painful death of mwEmbed/multimedia beta
> [2] this is gone.
>
> Any chance we might have that back? If so, how? Who must be harrassed to
> that end?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> (Not sure which list to send that − wikitech-l, wikivideo-l ? Feel free
> to forward around)

wikivideo-l

> [1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Universal_Subtitles
> [2] The help page about it was even deleted last month…

Please get it restored.

Nemo

Re: UniversalSubtitles support

Jean-Frédéric

We used to have UniversalSubtitles [1] support on Wikimedia Commons (and it was awesome)

Since the removal/deprecation/painful death of mwEmbed/multimedia beta
[2] this is gone.

Any chance we might have that back? If so, how? Who must be harrassed to
that end?

Thanks for your help,

(Not sure which list to send that − wikitech-l, wikivideo-l ? Feel free
to forward around)

wikivideo-l

Thanks !

[1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Universal_Subtitles
[2] The help page about it was even deleted last month…

Please get it restored.

{{done}} and marked as historical

--
Jean-Frédéric

Re: UniversalSubtitles support

Michael Dale-4
The universals subtitle editor was very cool. Today its
http://www.amara.org ... It would probably be a few days of work to
restore their old subtitle editor into a gadget that worked with
TimedMediaHander. The old integration code can be seen here [1], note
its not part of the current master for mwEmbed.

I don't know if the latest features would be easy to integrate, because
I believe amara is more focused on tighter integration into the amara
platform.

[1] https://github.com/kaltura/mwEmbed/tree/1.6.11.support/modules/MiroSubs

--michael