Unusual stats on "empty" 1.6.3

Tels
Moin,

a freshly installed wiki, with almost no content:

        http://bloodgate.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Statistics

shows "There are 1,386 total pages in the database.".

Huh? How is that number computed? I also noted that updating from 1.4.x to
1.5.x increased the number of "total pages" by quite a few hundred. Are
there things counting as pages that should be counted?

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Sun Apr 16 20:02:22 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
 PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.

 "Yeah. Whatever."

Re: Unusual stats on "empty" 1.6.3

Jelle Zijlstra
That number probably derives from MediaWiki messages (MediaWiki namespace).

On 4/16/06, Tels <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Moin,
>
> a freshly installed wiki, with almost no content:
>
>         http://bloodgate.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Statistics
>
> shows "There are 1,386 total pages in the database.".
>
> Huh? How is that number computed? I also noted that updating from 1.4.x to
> 1.5.x increased the number of "total pages" by quite a few hundred. Are
> there things counting as pages that should be counted?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Tels
>
> --
> Signed on Sun Apr 16 20:02:22 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
> Visit my photo gallery at http://bloodgate.com/photos/
> PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.
>
> "Yeah. Whatever."

Jelle S. Zijlstra
Rijnzichtweg 153
2342 AZ Oegstgeest

On Sunday 16 April 2006 20:47, Jelle Zijlstra wrote:
> That number probably derives from MediaWiki messages (MediaWiki
> namespace).

Ah, thanx that could be it. Maybe these messages shouldn't be counted when
they haven't been edited yet or something. :)

best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Sun Apr 16 20:57:58 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
 PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.

 "...no one would risk manipulating votes in an election because it's
 against the law and carries a heavy penalty..." -- Diebold spokesman
 David Bear

Re: Unusual stats on "empty" 1.6.3

Bugzilla from rowan.collins@gmail.com
On 16/04/06, Jelle Zijlstra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That number probably derives from MediaWiki messages (MediaWiki namespace).
>
> On 4/16/06, Tels <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > a freshly installed wiki, with almost no content:
> >
> >         http://bloodgate.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Statistics
> >
> > shows "There are 1,386 total pages in the database.".

My (slightly dubious) experiments back this up - attempting to get a
line count of http://bloodgate.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Allmessages&ot=php
I ended up with a figure of 1719 - too high, I know, but the point is
there are a lot of pages here. If you're not aware already, MediaWiki
stores all its interface elements as pages in the database for easy
translation/customisation; this page lists them all. The other figure
on the statistics page has a number of rules to define what counts as
an "article", and gives a more interesting figure - still more than a
million on the English Wikipedia I believe!

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]

Re: Unusual stats on "empty" 1.6.3

Reinhardt-2
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:03:32 +0100
 "Rowan Collins" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > shows "There are 1,386 total pages in the database.".
>
> My (slightly dubious) experiments back this up - attempting to get a
> line count of
> http://bloodgate.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Allmessages&ot=php
> I ended up with a figure of 1719 - too high, ...
>
> --
> Rowan Collins BSc
> [IMSoP]

The difference might relate to messages required for extensions as email
notification etc. BTW: One can *not* login to see special:Preferences settings

best regards reinhardt [[user:gangleri]]

Re: Unusual stats on "empty" 1.6.3

Platonides
At a just-setup mediawiki-1.6.3:

There are 1,364 total pages in the database. This includes "talk" pages,
pages about Mywiki, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others that
probably don't qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are 0 pages
that are probably legitimate content pages.

0 files have been uploaded.

There have been a total of 3 page views, and 0 page edits since the wiki was
setup. That comes to 0.00 average edits per page, and 0.00 views per edit.

The job queue length is 0.