Upcoming Research Newsletter: New Papers Open For Review
We’re preparing for the March 2019 research newsletter and looking for contributors. Please take a look at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WRN201903 and add your name next to any paper you are interested in covering. Our target publication date is on March 30 UTC. If you can't make this deadline but would like to cover a particular paper in the subsequent issue, leave a note next to the paper's entry in the etherpad. As usual, short notes and one-paragraph reviews are most welcome.
Highlights from this month:
- Analysis of the Wikipedia Network of Mathematicians
- Detecting pages to protect in Wikipedia across multiple languages
- How the medium shapes the message: Printing and the rise of the arts and sciences
- Trajectories of Blocked Community Members: Redemption, Recidivism and Departure
- What is the central bank of Wikipedia?
- Who Counts as a Notable Sociologist on Wikipedia? Gender, Race, and the “Professor Test”