Upcoming research newsletter: new papers open for review
We’re preparing for the January 2018 research newsletter and looking for contributors. Please take a look at: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WRN201801 and add your name next to any paper you are interested in covering. Our target publication date is on January 26 UTC. As usual, short notes and one-paragraph reviews are most welcome.
Highlights from this month:
• Can conference papers have information value through Wikipedia? An investigation of four engineering fields
• Collaborative Approach to Developing a Multilingual Ontology: A Case Study of Wikidata
• Determining Quality of Articles in Polish Wikipedia Based on Linguistic Features
• Emo, Love, and God: Making Sense of Urban Dictionary, a Crowd-Sourced Online Dictionary
• Fostering Public Good Contributions with Symbolic Awards: A Large-Scale Natural Field Experiment at Wikipedia
• Knowledge categorization affects popularity and quality of Wikipedia articles
• The Conceptual Correspondence between the Encyclopaedia and Wikipedia
• The Wisdom of Polarized Crowds
• Use of Louisiana's Digital Cultural Heritage by Wikipedians
• What Makes Wikipedia's Volunteer Editors Volunteer?
• Wikipedia-integrated publishing: a comparison of successful models
If you have any question about the format or process feel free to get in touch off-list.
Masssly, Tilman Bayer and Dario Taraborelli
 http://meta.wikimedia.org/ wiki/Research:Newsletter
Wiki-research-l mailing list
[hidden email] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l