Update: Wikimania 2008 Bid

Gary Kirk
I have spoken to the Mayor of London's advisor on Culture and
Community, who advised me to contact people at VisitLondon, who got
back to me this evening and look forward to working with us - 3 people
there have been copied in on this :).
Regards,

On 9/6/07, James Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would suggest that even when contacting "global" sponsors, you would
> really only be contacting the local arm of the global corporation, eg
> Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd (in Uxbridge) rather than The Coca-Cola Company
> (Atlanta)
>
> (Though since Atlanta is the home of coke, that is probably why the atlanta
> bid put them at the top of the list)

> > global
> > >
> > > Shouldn't global sponsors being contacted once by WMF, rather than
> > > individually by each bid? If I were Coca-Cola I would get very annoyed
> > > at lots of requests for sponsorship by the same people, only one of
> > > which actually happens.

> > probably.
> > it certainly makes more sense for you to focus on local sponsors.
> >
> > Ant

Gary Kirk

Re: Update: Wikimania 2008 Bid

Thomas Dalton
On 06/09/2007, Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have spoken to the Mayor of London's advisor on Culture and
> Community, who advised me to contact people at VisitLondon, who got
> back to me this evening and look forward to working with us - 3 people
> there have been copied in on this :).
> Regards,

Excellent! Well done.