Update.php Failure on Upgrade From 1.4.4 to 1.5.5

Update.php Failure on Upgrade From 1.4.4 to 1.5.5

Jim Hermann
I was moving a MediaWiki Installation to another account and upgrading the
database from version 1.4.4 to 1.5.5.  I updated the LocalSettings.php file
with the changes in database name, etc.  I created a AdminSettings.php file
with my dbadmin username and password.

I ran update.php a couple of times and got an access error, so I switched
AdminSettings.php to root user and password.  That got past the access
problem, but I hit this error:

[snip]
Initialising "MediaWiki" namespace...
A database error has occurred
Query: INSERT  INTO `text` (old_id,old_text,old_flags) VALUES (NULL,'$1
moved to $2','utf-8')
Function: Revision::insertOn
Error: 1146 Table '<databasename>.text' doesn't exist (localhost)

Backtrace:
GlobalFunctions.php line 451 calls wfbacktrace()
Database.php line 408 calls wfdebugdiebacktrace()
Database.php line 358 calls databasemysql::reportqueryerror()
Database.php line 948 calls databasemysql::query()
Revision.php line 531 calls databasemysql::insert()
InitialiseMessages.inc line 201 calls revision::inserton()
InitialiseMessages.inc line 72 calls initialisemessagesreal()
updaters.inc line 670 calls initialisemessages()
update.php line 31 calls do_all_updates()

Am I supposed to have a Table named <databasename>.text?

Jim
-----
Jim Hermann <[hidden email]>
UUism Networks <http://www.UUism.net>
Ministering to the Needs of Online UUs
Web Hosting, Email Services, Mailing Lists
-----

Re: Update.php Failure on Upgrade From 1.4.4 to 1.5.5

erchache2000
Hi, try to upgrade to lastest 1.4.x version and after pass to 1.5.x.

Read this for get more information,
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Upgrading_MediaWiki

You can make test environment with a temp database and if everything
goes on, put it on production mode.

Good luck and write again if you need more help.