Updating rev_deleted as a bitfield

Brion Vibber
In light of the past few months' experience in what kind of revision-deletion
people would _like_ to be doing if we had it finished, I'm starting to complete
implementation of rev_deleted, changing it from the originally planned flag to a
bitfield:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bitfields_for_rev_deleted

The bitfield gives us some more options to suppress comments and usernames where
necessary while keeping them in history in more common cases.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Updating rev_deleted as a bitfield

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
> In light of the past few months' experience in what kind of revision-deletion
> people would _like_ to be doing if we had it finished, I'm starting to complete
> implementation of rev_deleted, changing it from the originally planned flag to a
> bitfield:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bitfields_for_rev_deleted
>
> The bitfield gives us some more options to suppress comments and usernames where
> necessary while keeping them in history in more common cases.

Are you planning on making this replace our current deletion
implementation (archive) alltogather? Because INSERT DELETE is evil
and it would be nice not having to deal with it.

Re: Updating rev_deleted as a bitfield

Tietew-2

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:46:14 -0800
In article <[hidden email]>
[[Wikitech-l] Updating rev_deleted as a bitfield]
Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In light of the past few months' experience in what kind of revision-deletion
> people would _like_ to be doing if we had it finished, I'm starting to complete
> implementation of rev_deleted, changing it from the originally planned flag to a
> bitfield:

It's needed to hide user, target, and/or comment from
Special:Log entries, I think.

Because:
* Personal attack or harassment with username or page title.
  -- user creation log, deletion log, and block log.
* Copyvio with username or page title.
  -- user creation log, deletion log, and block log.
* (Accidently) copyvio in deletion log comment (autofill content).
  -- deletion log.

--
[[User:Tietew]] <[hidden email]>
Wiki: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Tietew

Tietew wrote:
> * Copyvio with username or page title.
>   -- user creation log, deletion log, and block log.
> * (Accidently) copyvio in deletion log comment (autofill content).
>   -- deletion log.

I suspect we can consider short quotes of content in the deletion log to be fair
use. ;)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)