Upgrade OK, but showing old data

Anderson, Patrick G
I tried to do an upgrade of my Mediawiki site from 1.4.1 to 1.5.5.
Luckily, I decided to test before I did this on my live site. Here is
what I did:

1. Setup Apache, MySQL, and PHP on my local workstation.
2. Imported live database into my local workstation's MySQL.
3. Copied MediaWiki 1.5.5 files to local Apache htdocs directory.
4. Ran the install/config script and pointed it to local copy of
database. The script saw the database tables and performed an upgrade on
the tables as needed.
5. Copied LocalSettings.php to main directory.
6. Opened my upgrade local mediawiki site.

Everything looked OK at first glance. However, when I browsed some of
the pages, I noticed they were several months old. I checked the "Recent
Pages" and it showed that I made edits in the past week, but when I
clicked on the diff link and looked at those, it displayed old data as
well. Finally I used SQLyog to open the database directly and look at
the tables. in the wiki_cur table I can see the latest edits and it has
the correct data there.

Is there something obvious I am missing?

Re: Upgrade OK, but showing old data

Brion Vibber
Anderson, Patrick G wrote:
> Everything looked OK at first glance. However, when I browsed some of
> the pages, I noticed they were several months old. I checked the "Recent
> Pages" and it showed that I made edits in the past week, but when I
> clicked on the diff link and looked at those, it displayed old data as
> well. Finally I used SQLyog to open the database directly and look at
> the tables. in the wiki_cur table I can see the latest edits and it has
> the correct data there.
>
> Is there something obvious I am missing?

Don't look at the 'cur' table, it's obsolete and leftover from your upgrade.
Look in 'page', 'revision', and 'text'.

Check also for duplicate cur entries if you started with an old version of the
schema without the unique title index; this could perhaps cause the wrong
duplicate being picked during the upgrade.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

RE: Upgrade OK, but showing old data

Anderson, Patrick G
Thanks... That was enough to steer me in the right direction. I now
remember that in Decemeber I tried the upgrade, but had some problems
with my custom skin. So then I just stuck with my old version. This time
when I did the upgrade, it saw the new tables were already there and
just skipped them.