Upgrade to SMW 2.5.2 - Alteration to multple properties passed to template

Upgrade to SMW 2.5.2 - Alteration to multple properties passed to template

Colin O'Reilly
Hi all,
I recently upgraded from SMW 2.4.1 to 2.5.2 using composer. I have an ask query that passes the results to a template. One of the properties (authors) that is returned has multiple values i.e. multiple authors.

In the previous version, the separator between the multiple values of the property (authors) was a comma. I then used a template to format this further by creating an array with the comma as a delimiter.
After the upgrade, the comma is no longer used as a separator. Now the separator is a space. The template is no longer able to separate the multiple values returned for the author property.
How can I return the previous behaviour so that the separator for the multiple property values is a comma, rather than a space.

Many thanks!!

Re: Upgrade to SMW 2.5.2 - Alteration to multple properties passed to template

kghbln
Heiya Colin,

this is indeed a bit hidden on the wiki but have a look here [0] and
change the configuration parameter or use the new "valuesep" option to
the template format.

As coincidence has it I currently have the very same usecase on a wiki
an this new option works perfect. What does not work since this
enhancement was only applied to the template format is to do the same
for the tree format showing the structure of chapters together with
authors. Will file a feature request for this.

Cheers Karsten

[0] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:$smwgResultFormatsFeatures