Upgrading through web-based install?

Jan Vanoverpelt
I would like to upgrade my 1.5.7 wiki to version 1.6.6 but i have ONLY
ACCESS TO:
1) the files through FTP
2) the database through phpmyadmin

I was thinking of upgrading through a web-based install, but it seems that i
have to make the 'config' subdirectory writable by the web server. Is there
a way to upgrade without having to make something writable on the webserver
or i am missing something?

thanks!
Jan

Re: Upgrading through web-based install?

Rob Church
On 30/05/06, Jan Vanoverpelt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to upgrade my 1.5.7 wiki to version 1.6.6 but i have ONLY
> ACCESS TO:
> 1) the files through FTP
> 2) the database through phpmyadmin
>
> I was thinking of upgrading through a web-based install, but it seems that i
> have to make the 'config' subdirectory writable by the web server. Is there
> a way to upgrade without having to make something writable on the webserver
> or i am missing something?

How did you install the wiki in the first place, without being able to
make the config dir. writable? In any case, can't your FTP client do
simple CHMOD commands?

Rob Church