Uploading PPTX Presentation Slides

Houcemeddine A. Turki
Dear all,
I thank you for your efforts. I have prepared PPTX Presentation slides for Wikimania 2019. I ask about how to upload them to Wikimania wiki.
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki (he/him)
Medical Student, Faculty of Medicine of Sfax, University of Sfax, Tunisia
Undergraduate Researcher, UR12SP36
GLAM and Education Coordinator, Wikimedia TN User Group
Member, WikiResearch Tunisia
Member, Wiki Project Med
Member, WikiIndaba Steering Committee
Member, Wikimedia and Library User Group Steering Committee
Co-Founder, WikiLingua Maghreb
Founder, TunSci

Re: Uploading PPTX Presentation Slides

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Houcemeddine A. Turki, 04/08/19 20:04:
> I thank you for your efforts. I have prepared PPTX Presentation slides
> for Wikimania 2019. I ask about how to upload them to Wikimania wiki.

Thank you for sharing your slides' sources. Please save them in ODP
format (e.g. by using LibreOffice) and upload them on... ahem. I guess
archive.org would be a good place, we already keep many Wikimania videos
there.

On WMF wikis, these formats are currently only allowed on private wikis.

Federico

Re: Uploading PPTX Presentation Slides

Jan Ainali
If you want to upload them to Wikimedia Commons, usually the best alternative is to save your presentation as a PDF. Please add the category for space you are presenting in, what day you are presenting and, of course, that it is a presentation.

/Jan Ainali
Knowledge saver volunteer

4 augusti 2019 21:07:41 +02:00, skrev Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]>:
Houcemeddine A. Turki, 04/08/19 20:04:
I thank you for your efforts. I have prepared PPTX Presentation slides for Wikimania 2019. I ask about how to upload them to Wikimania wiki.

Thank you for sharing your slides' sources. Please save them in ODP format (e.g. by using LibreOffice) and upload them on... ahem. I guess archive.org would be a good place, we already keep many Wikimania videos there.

On WMF wikis, these formats are currently only allowed on private wikis.

Federico

Re: Uploading PPTX Presentation Slides

Mina Theofilatou-2
Thank you Jan, I was just about to suggest the same: convert to PDF and upload to Commons, then link on Wikimania site (this is what I did with my presentation in Lviv last year and I suppose is the common practice)

Houce if you need any help please let me know!

See all of you soon, Best wishes
Mina

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019, 11:53 Jan Ainali, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I thank you for your answer. I know about the possibility of uploading PDF files to Wikimedia Commons. I just asked if there is a way to upload my slides in PPTX format.
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki (he/him)
Medical Student, Faculty of Medicine of Sfax, University of Sfax, Tunisia
Undergraduate Researcher, UR12SP36
GLAM and Education Coordinator, Wikimedia TN User Group
Member, WikiResearch Tunisia
Member, Wiki Project Med
Member, WikiIndaba Steering Committee
Member, Wikimedia and Library User Group Steering Committee
Co-Founder, WikiLingua Maghreb
Founder, TunSci
+21629499418

My Wikimania presentation slides are available

Houcemeddine A. Turki
Dear all,
I thank you for your answer. My Wikimania presentation slides have been uploaded today. I invite you to find them in https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:2019:Submissions_by_Houcemeddine_Turki. I will be honoured to receive comments regarding my works. See you in Stockholm.
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki